Back to Your Future Annual Conference 2022
Are you a professional woman wanting to kick-start or accelerate your return to work after a long career break? Our flagship Back to Your Future Conference on 11 October 2022 is what you need! It’s a fully interactive online event packed with the advice, inspiration, tools and connections you need to get you back to a rewarding role.
Ticket sales have now closed. If you have bought a ticket and have any questions please see Conference FAQs here
The virtual format makes the Conference accessible from wherever you are located, and very flexible if you can’t make the full day. Speaker, panel and main stage workshop sessions will be available on recording for ticket holders for 30 days after the event.
“The impact you have had on my life has been huge!! My journey back to work has begun!” 2021 Attendee
“I am so glad I attended – I feel so much more positive and reassured about my future career and about myself” 2021 Attendee
- Get advice and information from a wide range of Return-to-Work Expert Workshops: find your career compass, boost your confidence, improve your self-marketing, sharpen your CV and enhance your LinkedIn profile
- Learn more about return to work opportunities and organisations via Employers Live sessions in their Booths with leading Returner Employers: Amazon, Bank of England, FDM Group, J.P. Morgan, Lloyds Banking Group, Moody’s and Workday
- Meet in small-group video chat rooms for informal conversations and Q&A with these employers
- Connect with other like-minded women returners through 1-2-1 video conversations and in sector-based small group video chat rooms
- Be encouraged by the stories of a Returner Panel of women who have successfully returned to work in the Government, medicine, finance, aviation and data science, hosted by Jane Garvey, Broadcaster and Journalist
- Be inspired by our Keynote Speaker, Anne Richards DBE, Chief Executive Officer, Fidelity International
- Understand more about what returner employers are looking for from an Employer Panel with Amazon, Civil Service, FDM, J.P. Morgan and Moody’s hosted by Claire Cohen, Author and Journalist
- Ask your questions live to our Women Returners coaches
See the full Conference Agenda here
Read about our Speakers and Workshop facilitators here
Thanks to our sponsor partners Amazon, Bank of England, FDM Group, J.P. Morgan, Lloyds Banking Group, Moody’s and Workday. Read more about them here
Watch a video of highlights from our 2020 virtual Conference below
Enter Hopin, our virtual Conference Venue, and you’ll have a truly interactive experience, just like at an in-person Conference. You can watch content on the Main Stage and ask questions to panellists and workshop leaders; interact and talk informally in small groups with employers; and video chat to other returners individually.
The Conference will be relevant to you whether your background is in finance, tech, engineering, law, marketing, HR or any other professional area; whether your career break has been 2, 5 or 15+ years; and whether you are at the first stage of your return-to-work journey or actively applying for roles.
What will you get from the Conference?
Expert Return to Work Workshops
- Find your Career Compass (with Karen Danker, Women Returners Head of Coaching)
- Become more focused in your ‘What Next?’ career choices
- Get a road map to clarify your aims, develop decision criteria and move to action
- Boost your Professional Confidence (with Stephanie Rix, Women Returners Lead Coach)
- Get a renewed sense of ‘what is great about me?’
- Increase your self-belief with practical tips and techniques
- Improve your self marketing and craft your career story
- Sharpen up your CV and enhance your LinkedIn Profile (with Victoria McLean, CEO of City CV)
- Improve your return-to-work CV
- Create a LinkedIn profile to impress employers
Connect with leading Returner Employers: Amazon, Bank of England, FDM Group, J.P. Morgan, Lloyds Banking Group, Moody’s and Workday
- Ask your questions informally in small groups to employers in video chat rooms
- Learn about returner opportunities from our returner employer sponsors during the Employers Live! sessions in their Booths
Returner Panel (hosted by Jane Garvey, Broadcaster and Journalist)
- Learn from the experiences and advice of other successful returners on a Returner Panel of women from medicine, Government, finance, aviation and data science
Employer Panel (Hosted by Claire Cohen, Author and Journalist)
- Find out from our panel of leading employers the reasons why employers run returner programmes and what you can do as a candidate to stand out
Connect with other Returners
- Meet and talk virtually 1:1 with other like-minded women returners in randomly-allocated video chats throughout the day
- Meet and talk in small groups with other returners from your sector in video chat rooms
Ask Any Questions
- Get valuable advice and insights from a live Q&A with our Coaches
Who is the Conference aimed at?
The event is targeted at women with a professional/managerial background who have taken a long career break (over a year) and who want to return to work using their professional skills and experience.
- Your career break could be for 18 months or 18 years, for childcare, eldercare, health, relocation or other reasons
- You may have not done any paid work for a number of years, or have been running your own business or doing lower-level work around other commitments.
- You could be any age
- Your background may be in finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, retail, HR or any other professional area
- You could be at the first exploratory stage of your return-to-work journey; you may have been trying to get back for a while and are feeling stuck; or you might be actively engaging in interviews
- You are welcome to join us from anywhere in the world.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches. Please do not book a ticket unless you are a woman returner. If you are an employer interested in sponsoring the Conference and/or returner programmes, contact email@example.com
Where, When and How?
When? Tuesday 11 October (9:00 – 17:00 UK time)
Where? Online, from the comfort of your own home
How? The content will be a mixture of live speaker sessions, panels and workshops, and interactive e-meetings for employer conversations. Selected speaker/workshop sessions will be available on recording for ticket holders for 30 days after the event. Conference materials will be provided in advance, including speaker biographies and employer profiles.
How do you book?
Ticket sales have now closed
As our social mission is at the heart of everything we do, we have set aside a number of £5 Conference Bursary Tickets.
If you are a UK or Ireland-based woman returner with a professional/managerial background who would love to join us for our conference, but who is financially constrained from doing so, send us an email with the subject “Bursary Ticket Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details, including a few lines on:
- your professional background
- the length of your career break
- confirmation that you have the right to work in UK or Ireland
- why you qualify for a bursary
If you have any questions, email us on email@example.com
Returner Employer Network Event: Returner Programmes during the Pandemic
24 June 2020