Resources for Technology Professionals
- Returning to STEM: Free 8 week Open University course to help you to get back into STEM
- Reboot Your STEM Career: Interactive toolkit to help STEM professionals to relaunch their career after a break
- Free Python course: Free online course for beginners.
- Return to Tech Bootcamp: This is an 18-week, full-time, paid programme delivered by Coding Black Females and sponsored by BAE Systems Digital Intelligence.
- Network Engineering Information: Learn more about network engineering including information on available scholarships.
Professional associations and networks
- BCS Women
- Tech London Advocates
- Equate Scotland – working for gender equality in SET and built environment.
- Digital Women
- Coding Black Females – Building, Supporting and Educating the community of Coding Black Females.
- Women’s Engineering Society (WES)
- MentorSET – one-to-one mentoring for women in and returning to STEM fields, co-ordinated by WES.
- Black Women in Tech
Specialist recruitment agencies
- Power to Fly – tech roles for remote working
- Stem Ambassadors: volunteering opportunities for STEM returners.
Professional bodies with re-entry programmes
- Daphne Jackson Fellowships – Fellowships with mentoring and training to help STEM researchers to return after a career break
- Returning to tech with Investec: Divya’s Story (11.5 year career break)
- Returning to IT with Next: Bhavna’s Story (9 year career break)
- Returning to tech at Dunnhumby: Charlotte’s Story (2.5 year career break)
- Returning to tech at Softcat: Nina’s Story (20 year career break)
- Returning to cloud services at AWS: Kseniya’s Story (4 year career break)
- Returning to technology at Reed Exhibitions: Mrinalini’s Story (2 year career break)
- Returning to tech and ops at Capgemini: Geraldine’s Story (6 year career break)
- Returning to tech at Capgemini: Sara’s Story (13 year career break)
Back to Resources