*Applications are now closed*
Location: UK (remote-working)
Opportunity: Permanent part time role (3 to 4 days/week), supported hiring
Salary: £40,000 – 45,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Start date: Late October
Deadline: 21 September
Would you like to contribute to our mission of removing the career break penalty and making career breaks a normal part of a 40-50 year career?
We’re looking for a Programme Manager to join our team in a newly-created role. The Programme Manager will be responsible for hands-on delivery of time-critical projects and for providing support to our Client Directors, ensuring the smooth running of a wide range of individual and cross-company returner programmes.
The role is open to all candidates with relevant skills and experience. Of course, we welcome applicants who have taken a career break, but this is not a requirement! If you’re successful and you’ve taken a career break of 2+ years, we’ll provide you with coaching support through the transition back to work.
About the role
The role is varied and busy. You will be responsible for managing selected programmes, such as government-funded return to work initiatives, cross-company programmes and returner events. You will be required to create, agree, monitor and deliver upon a project plan. It’s a hands-on role, delivering key components such as creating promotional materials, creating surveys, communicating with the team and external parties and co-ordinating evaluations.
You will also support the Client Directors on setting up and delivering individual returner programmes. This will include preparing and updating client materials, maintaining records on our client relationship management system, creating programme adverts on WordPress, creating events on Eventbrite and providing technical support for events on Zoom or Teams.
Once you’ve settled in, you will also play a role in responding to first line client enquiries about Women Returners and our partnership services.
Who are we looking for?
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience of working in a corporate environment, who is interested in working for a purpose-driven organisation. We’d like to see:
- Strong programme management experience. You’ll be highly organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of client/stakeholder relationship management. You’ll be approachable and personable, recognising the importance of our partners and stakeholders
- The ability to manage your own workload and to prioritise effectively, with a proactive problem-solving approach
- Flexibility and adaptability. As we’re a small business, you’ll be ready and willing to step in to support the wider team on different and changing priorities
- Comfortable with tech and open to learning new tech skills along the way
- An understanding of returner programmes is not essential but would be beneficial
- Familiarity with WordPress, Zoom, databases and social media is not essential but would be beneficial
This role would suit candidates with a background in a related field, such as Recruitment Programme Management, Relationship Management, or Learning & Development.
You can be based anywhere in the UK. You will need to be available to travel to occasional meetings in London or Scotland.
How to apply?
If you have relevant experience and would like to join our team, please send your CV and an email detailing why you would like to work with us in this role to Hazel Little, Client and Programme Director on email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 21 September. We’re hoping to find someone who can join our team in late October so will be screening CVs immediately.
If you have any questions, please email Hazel on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!