Location: UK (remote with access to London)
Opportunity: Part-time role (3-4 days/week), initially 6-month FTC
Salary: £50-55,000 pro-rata
Start date: ASAP
Deadline: 1 June 2022
* Applications are now closed *
Would you like to contribute to our mission of removing the career break penalty and making career breaks a normal part of a 40-50 year career?
We’re looking for a Client Programme Director to join our expanding team. The Client Programme Director will be the relationship lead for a portfolio of our employer partners, setting up, developing and growing a wide range of individual and cross-company returner programmes.
We can offer hugely rewarding work and a welcoming and supportive working environment, with a friendly and informal team who all work remotely.
The role is open to all UK candidates with relevant skills and experience. Of course, we welcome applicants who have taken a career break, but this is not a requirement! If you’re successful and you’ve taken a career break of 2+ years, we’ll provide you with coaching support through the transition back to work.
The role will be on an initial 6-month fixed term contract, with the intention to be made permanent if successful. This is a flexible part-time working opportunity: 3 days a week spread over 4 days initially, with the possibility of increasing to 4 days a week spread over 5 days.
About the role
The role is varied and busy. You will be part of the Client Director team working closely with our Programme Managers to set up and deliver selected returner programmes and returner events.
After full training and shadowing, you will progress to taking the lead on a number of client relationships. It’s a hands-on role working closely with our Programme Managers who are responsible for day-to-day programme delivery.
Once you’re settled in, you will lead on the key components of a returner programme for your portfolio of clients, including:
- providing expert consulting support to employer partners
- presenting at large stakeholder meetings
- leading on a programme plan for end-to-end support to all stakeholders
- project managing other internal team members
- working closely with the programme manager to prepare and update client materials, including adverts and events
- maintaining records on our client relationship management system
- co-ordinating virtual events
You will play an increasing role in responding to first line client enquiries about Women Returners and our partnership services, following up leads from client contact to contract.
You will also get involved in developing and running regular employer insight events and creating insightful communications for our employer network.
Who are we looking for?
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience of working in a client-facing role in a corporate environment, who is keen to work for a purpose-driven organisation. We’d like to see:
- Experience of client relationship management
- A consultative and empathetic approach
- Credibility and professionalism to engage at a senior level
- The ability to self-manage a workload with multiple deadlines and demands, and to prioritise effectively
- An open, engaging and personable style
- A proactive problem-solving approach, focused on finding/creating solutions
- Strong organisation, structuring and planning skills
- Flexible and adaptable, moving easily from strategic to “hands-on”
- Comfortable with tech and open to learning new tech skills along the way (familiarity with WordPress, Zoom, databases and social media is helpful but not essential)
The role is home-working. You will ideally be based near London to attend client meetings if necessary. You must have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply?
If you have relevant experience and skills and would like to join our team, please send your CV and an email detailing why you would like to work with us in this role to Hazel Little, Deputy CEO on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 1 June 2022. We’re hoping to find someone who can join our team ASAP so will be screening CVs immediately.
If you have any questions, please email Hazel on email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!