Location: London, Reigate, Leeds and/or remotely
Start Date: Variable
Opportunity: Supported hiring into permanent role with flexible working
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2021 (extended)
Willis Towers Watson is partnering with Women Returners for a Bid Manager position and welcomes professionals who have taken an extended career break to apply. A successful candidate who has taken a career break of 2+ years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
About the Role
The scope of this role will be to manage multiple bids for new business and retenders. Their current and prospective client base includes a broad range of institutional investors, and their offering primarily covers Fiduciary Management and Investment Consulting services for pension schemes. In the role of Bid Manager, you will:
- Work with the Head of Bid Management, Strategists and Client Teams to develop bid strategy and improve win probability through bid qualification, stakeholder and competitor analysis, contact planning and by developing client focused value propositions
- Manage the bid process across the entire lifecycle including: responding to Requests for Information (RFI), planning for and attending bidder calls/ meetings, coordinating clarification questions, managing Requests for Proposals (RFP), presentations/ site visits and post pitch negotiations
- Liaise with intermediaries and prospects (e.g. trustees, nominated company representatives and Independent Professional Trustees) throughout the process, and attend post bid debriefs where appropriate
- Manage all bid and client deliverables including: data requests, proposals, presentations and a range of supporting materials, working closely with our internal compliance team where approval is required
- Coach teams and individuals through the bid process by sharing experience and best practice, and drive innovation and continuous improvement in our approach to winning new business
- Engage with and support colleagues across the Investments business including: Risk and Analytics, Manager Research, Portfolio Management, Operations, Onboarding and the wider New Business and Client teams
- Manage Investment content and knowledge, and respond to internal requests for information for new business and external regulatory purposes
- Provide regular updates on bidding activity and contribute to ongoing management information and trend analysis, maintaining information in accordance with our internal excellence standards
Skills and Experience
You will be working in a small, collaborative team where you will be supported to apply your existing skills and experience to add value to the business.
- Willis Towers Watson would expect someone in this role to have experience managing multiple and complex bids from inception to completion, preferably in an Investments, Financial Services or Professional Services setting
- Experience of chairing and facilitating meetings, managing multiple stakeholders and building relationships with senior leaders
- Effective project management, communication and analytical skills with a good attention to detail
- A creative approach, with advanced MS Office skills (especially in Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and experience of using knowledge management systems (e.g. Qvidian)
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced and deadline driven business development environment
Willis Towers Watson has partnered with Women Returners as part of the Diversity Project Cross-Company Programme and as such you will benefit from being part of a returner cohort at the organisation. You can read Laverne’s return to work story here.
Applications for this role close on 30 April 2021.
If you are interested learning more about the role please contact Phill Porter on Phill.Porter@willistowerswatson.com