Location: Edinburgh with remote working
Opportunity: Supported Hiring for temp contract (mat leave cover)
Start date: ASAP
Apply by: 5 October 2021
**This role has now closed for applications**
Walter Scott welcomes professionals who have taken an extended career break to apply for an Investment Writer position. This is a temporary contract to cover maternity leave but the role may potentially transfer to permanent in 2022.
A successful candidate who has taken a career break of 18+months will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
About the company
Walter Scott was established in 1983 to manage long-term equity portfolios for institutional investors around the world. The firm is a non-bank subsidiary and owned by The Bank of New York Mellon. They offer a professional career that is rewarding and stimulating. Staff turnover is low. Many of their colleagues have worked there for their entire careers. This has ensured the cultivation and consistency of their culture.
Walter Scott aim to recruit people with an enquiring mind, ambition and integrity. They reward their people well and aspire to create an environment where everyone can maximise their career capabilities.
The Investment Writer contributes to the team’s effort in writing, editing and proofing commentary and content for client reports both timetabled and ad-hoc, and likewise for content for Prospects. Expanding upon the range of ongoing communications available to be shared and seek continual improvements therein.
- Writing commentaries for client reports which are written from scratch using meeting notes from Salesforce. The reports are to represent discussions and activity within the Research Investment team
- Content development for marketing materials such as articles, videos, webinars.
- To be proficient and stay up-to-date on FCA compliance rules regarding communications to clients and Prospects in all appropriate markets
- To work closely with the Research team in order to best represent their point of view and to pro-actively make recommendations regarding future thought leadership pieces
Who they are looking for
You’ll have experience of writing commentaries for Clients – this may be as a Fund Manager or as an Investment Writer and this would be for institutional clients. You may also have experience of developing content ideas and producing finished content eg ESG reports, webinars and website content but it is not a requirement.
- Client Focus – demonstrates clear understanding of importance of effective customer service, internally and externally
- Integrity – acting with the highest standards for our company, our employees and our clients
- Teamwork – fostering collaboration and diversity to empower employees to build relationships and deliver insights
- “Excellence” – setting the standard for leading-edge solutions, innovation and continuous improvement
Working at Walter Scott
Employees are not all the same at Walter Scott, but they share a belief that they work to deliver the best for their clients. As individuals from different backgrounds, they build on this diversity with the help of great partners, including The Robertson Trust, Girls Who Invest, the British Council and the Crankstart Scholarship.
Given the current COVID situation, all candidates must have sufficient computer and Wi-Fi access at home to allow for remote working.
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you are applying via Women Returners.
The selection process will include a face to face interview and 2-3 writing tasks.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Please apply ASAP.