Location: UK (London/remote) – likely to be remote initially then hybrid
Opportunity: 6-month part-time (22.5 hours/week) returnship role
Start Date: ASAP
Apply by: ASAP
Applications are now closed
ViacomCBS is excited to offer a 6 month returner opportunity, in partnership with Women Returners, to support talented professionals to transition back into the workplace after an extended career break. This new Programming Executive role is offered part time (22.5 hours/week) on a fixed term contract. You will be able to use your skills already gained throughout your career, and will be given the support to transition back into the working environment through coaching from Women Returners, training and on-the-role guidance from peers and leaders within ViacomCBS. After the 6 months, there will be a strong possibility to progress to permanent employment.
Due to the current restrictions in place, this role will initially be offered on a remote basis and is likely move to a hybrid working model, offering you the ability to own the way you work effectively, through a mixture of working from home and from the Camden office.
Who is ViacomCBS?
ViacomCBS Networks International, a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAC), is comprised of many of the world’s most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom 18, ViacomCBS International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS Networks International provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries.
What is the Role?
The Commissioning team is responsible, editorially, for original programming for VCNI UK. The team receive pitches from independent production companies and select projects to develop and commission to pilot and series. They oversee the editorial elements of the commissioned programmes as they go through development, preproduction, production and post, representing VIMN’s creative interests.
- Oversee production and editorial quality of selected returning series.
- Take editorial responsibility for core established brands and maintain quality
- Work with Commissioning team to evolve established brands
- Support Commissioning team by taking on extra projects (i.e. watching fine cut/compliance)
- Support Commissioning relationship with social media/digital
- Support the Commissioning Editors to review and respond to programming proposals
- Help generate ideas with the department for specific schedule slots
- Support the Commissioning Editors with liaison with production companies and talent to develop new ideas of programming
- Help to create the greatest possible workplace experience for employees.
- Drive the ‘One ViacomCBS’ approach, role modelling great teamwork and collaboration.
- Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
- Help to embed the ViacomCBS values and foster a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need?
- Experience of working with independent production companies
- Ability to manage a large workload effectively
- Good editorial judgement
- Good understanding of TV audiences and the TV landscape
- Experience in production schedules and budget management
- Experience of legal and compliance
- Experience working within a UK broadcaster
- Creative, competitive and passionate approach to commissioning
- Passion for broad, populist programming
- Ability to prioritise and meet multiple, conflicting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use your own initiative within a demanding team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and appreciate the creative process
- Confidence in liaising with people at all levels of the organisation
What are their Values?
ViacomCBS’s values, and their related behaviours, guide how their employees show up to work each day and help ensure that they all treat each other with respect. They want these to feel relevant to all of their employees and all parts of the business, as they believe that when these behaviours are achieved, they are the best they can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes they seek.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Flexibility: Show flexibility and willingness
ViacomCBS value and celebrate difference. They want to ensure that they fully represent the make-up of UK society in their workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to the business. They want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; they truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
What are the Benefits?
- Flexible Benefits Program: You’ll be able to tailor some benefits to meet your personal circumstances (After 3 months, annual thereafter)
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for full Private Medial Cover (After 3 months)
- Life Assurance: 4 x salary (From date of joining)
- Group Income Protection: 60% of salary less state benefits (From date of joining)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, they’ll pay £20 (gross per month) towards your bill (After 3 months)
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for the Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, they’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution
- Discounted Benefits: They offer discounts to dental plans, gym membership just to mention a couple
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, they partner with a number of local businesses to offer a discounted rate
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
- Happy to talk flexible working!
ViacomCBS takes its responsibility of being a Disability Confident Employer seriously and they guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for. If you require any support or assistance during the interview process, please let your recruiter know or email email@example.com and they will be happy to help.
How to Apply?
To apply for the role, please click here
Please apply as soon as possible
With any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org