Location: UK: London
Opportunity: Supported Hiring into permanent roles
Start date: To be agreed
Apply by: 24 June 2021
Vardags is delighted to be partnering with Women Returners for two roles – Strategy and Marketing Senior Analyst and Content Creator /Writer (Legal) and welcomes professionals who have taken an extended career break to apply. A successful candidate who has taken a career break of 12 months+ will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners.
You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
Vardags is a world-renowned law firm for high net worth individuals, founded by “Britain’s top divorce lawyer”, Ayesha Vardag. They use bespoke strategic solutions to make the law work for their clients in substantial and complex legal cases. They typically act for Ultra High Net Worth individuals on high-profile and law-changing cases.
Vardags’ team comes from stellar and diverse backgrounds. The common threads are sheer intellect coupled with a relentless drive to achieve real results. Their commercial team features leaders with a background in consulting (McKinsey, Monitor, OC&C).
About the roles
Strategy and Marketing Senior Analyst
Vardags is an innovative and uniquely structured B2B and B2C law firm, using a marketing-led approach to winning clients. Their revenues speak for their success; they have grown 10-fold in recent years and been ranked as the fastest growing law firm in Europe by the FT. Their aim is to continue this trajectory of high growth through hiring outstanding candidates, making rapid decisions and embarking on innovative strategic change.
They are searching for an individual to join their high performing and meritocratic team as an experienced Strategy and Marketing Senior Analyst reporting directly to the Director of Marketing.
- Driving client acquisition by designing and executing an effective marketing strategy, through both offline and online (Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliate, Programmatic, Display, etc.)
- Managing relationships with multiple agencies to implement client acquisition initiatives on time and in line with strategy
- Providing leadership to other members of the team and cross-functional teams on the execution of the firm’s strategy
- Designing, creating and reporting on single and multichannel marketing
- Working with our data insights team to react fast and improve performance on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis, offering insights and
- Supporting brand management and PR
- Producing impactful and appropriate creative assets and copy to support strategic marketing
- Monitoring and report on key projects to Director of Marketing
Skills and Experience
- A strong degree-level education from a top university
- Total proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel and PowerPoint; experience in data analytics an advantage
- Research, data analysis, and the formation of insight and recommendations
- Performance-led strategy
- Exposure to client acquisition projects across multiple channels, online and offline preferred
- Familiarity with content and creative requirements and standards across all channels
- Two years’ consulting experience from a top tier strategy consultancy
- Two years’ experience in a digital-first marketing agency/retail consultancy
- Proficiency with Google Ads, Analytics, Data Studio, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads platforms
- Hungry for success: driven, positive, enthused and unafraid of critique and opportunities to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to own and complete on-time analytical modules that deliver measurable impact.
- Ability to operate at a high conceptual level yet with exceptional attention to detail.
- Thoroughly commercial and analytical view of marketing.
- Comfortable with rapid decision making and working in a flat-structure
- Ability to work with high levels of autonomy whilst collaborating within an exceptionally bright team
What Vardags is offering
The role offers a competitive salary, depending on skills and experience, with excellent employee benefits: 25 days holidays, private health and dental insurance and subsidised fitness club membership. Vardags is open to discussions about flexible working options, in line with the role requirements.
Content Creator/ Writer (Legal)
Vardags is currently searching for a talented individual to join their business team as a PR and Content Creator reporting to the Content and Communications Manager.
The main responsibilities will be:
This is an exciting role and no two days will be the same. You will be promoting the reputation of the firm using creative and compelling content. They need someone that is good at working both independently and as part of a team with the ability to switch quickly between tasks. This role will suit someone that is very organised with a good eye for details that is pro-active and able to write compelling pieces in various styles to a tight deadline. You will be involved in internal and external content creation and communications, liaising with a range of stakeholders.
- Writing, producing and editing high quality content across multiple channels including the firms’ PR, digital, social media and various communications projects and marketing channels.
- Writing posts for social media channels and updating the firm’s website.
- Assisting with internal communications and legal know-how creation including newsletters and legal and business updates.
- Presenting and translating legal principles into compelling and commercial content inreadable, entertaining and understandable formats that engages with clients and evaluates the firm’s brand.
- Utilising the firm’s tone of voice consistently, whilst maintaining a unique, personal style which engages an audience.
- Working with various teams to identify new sources of content and existing content which needs to be repurposed.
What are they looking for?
This is an exceptional opportunity for a motivated and talented individual interested in pivoting their career to join an exciting high growth firm and develop their knowledge of PR and content marketing.
The ideal candidate is a high-calibre individual, preferably with previous experience of content creation within the legal industry, or a candidate with previous experience within legal/professional services with excellent writing skills looking to take the next step in their career.
Skills and Experience
- A high level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Degree educated – ideally a Law, English, PR or journalism degree but not essential
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills (both on their own work and existing content)with high levels of accuracy
- Excellent research skills to determine relevant topics and themes
- Skilled at interpreting a brief and creating engaging copy by working collaboratively with subject experts
- Knowledge of SEO/web copywriting (not essential)
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office and IT literate
- Dynamic and effective flexible team player
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues as well as senior leaders and decision makers
- A genuine interest in relevant business and legal issues and what will engage the firm’s target audiences
- Excellent time management skills
- Assertive in interpersonal skills as well as strong influencing and communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask
- Remains calm under pressure
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role
What Vardags is offering
The role offers a salary of £30,000 per annum, 25 days holiday and excellent employee benefits:private health and dental insurance and subsidised fitness club membership. The role is full time but Vardags is open to discussing flexible work patterns, in line with the role requirements.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Strategy and Marketing Senior Analyst – Carrie Dru, Director of Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by: 24 June 2021
Content Creator/ Writer (Legal) – Antonia Rubin, Content and Communications Manager, at email@example.com. Apply by: 24 June 2021
Please include the dates of your career break in your CV and put ‘Women Returners’ in the subject line to confirm you saw this role advertised on Women Returners.
If you have any questions, please use the emails above.
The start date for both roles is as soon as possible.
Vardags Limited is an equal opportunities employer. This job is open to applicants with the right to work in the UK.