Location: UK: Dorking, Surrey (with hybrid working)
Opportunity: Supported Hiring into permanent role. Flexible working patterns available – A minimum of 32 hours per week (4 full days or reduced hours over 5 days)
Start Date: To be agreed
Apply by: ASAP
* Applications are now closed *
Unum is partnering with Women Returners to provide an opportunity for a Data Analytics Manger to join their newly formed Data & Analytics function. Applicants with a career break of 18 months or more will benefit from Career Returners Coaching Support provided by Women Returners. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not carried out any paid work for a number of years.
Unum is one of the UK’s leading employee benefits providers. They’ve been around for 50 years, currently protecting over 1.7 million people, providing security and peace of mind to individuals and their families. With a Fortune 500, US parent company, they’re part of highly successful global organisation, sharing ideas and innovations across teams to create a collaborative work environment. They are transforming their business, and they’re keen to increase their digital capabilities to evolve the way they work and optimise opportunities for growth.
This is a truly exciting time to be joining their newly formed Data & Analytics function. They are looking to recruit a creative and highly motivated Data Analytics Manager to help drive a data-driven culture.
Reporting to the Head of Data Analytics you’ll partner with business teams to proactively define, prioritise and execute a pipeline of strategic data analytics, from simple trend analyses, to statistical analyses. Your goal is to have a tangible positive impact on their profit using data & analytics as your tools.
You’ll lead a small team in the design and delivery of insightful and commercially astute analytics projects that support strategic decision-making, and design and drive the roadmap to improve the level of analytics capability across the organisation based on establishing the right data, models, tools, applications and skills.
- be accountable for strategic commercial & operations analysis and do the investigative work to really understand the business problem
- be able to use tools like SQL, Tableau and/or Power BI to investigate data
- come from a statistical background, know how to model data and perhaps studied engineering, maths, economics or science at university, or have the statistical and modelling skills through experience
- historically you may have used SAS, SPSS, MatLab or Python to support your analysis
- be comfortable sourcing and manipulating high volumes of data to support your work
- be good at presenting and communicating your findings
- have previous line management experience, as this role is responsible for the management of an Insights Analyst with scope to grow the team
You’ll have the flexibility to work remotely and where you locate for your day, whether that be working from home, the office or somewhere else to get the job done. They anticipate your attendance in their Dorking office to be around 2 days per week.
Flexible working patterns available – A minimum of 32 hours per week (4 full days or reduced hours over 5 days)
What they are offering
Unum is passionate about their employee health and wellbeing and providing a work-life balance that suits you. Benefits include a discretionary bonus, 24/7 health support services (including a remote GP), income protection, health cash plan, 27 days annual leave, opportunities to participate in charitable events and more.
However you see your future career, they will support and challenge you to be your best with a wealth of learning and development opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply click here
Applications will be reviewed regularly so please do apply ASAP
For any queries please email UKTalentDevelopment@Unum.co.uk