Location: Virtual (for UK-wide opportunities, after a six-month virtual training programme)
Date: 14 June 2022 (10am – 12.45pm)
Programme: Career Change Programme Insight Event
* Registrations are now closed *
Women Returners is working in partnership with St. James’s Place Financial Adviser Academy to co-host a virtual event aimed at introducing returning women to a retraining opportunity to become a qualified financial adviser. You will also benefit from a Women Returners coaching workshop on preparing for your return to work.
50,000 new advisers needed. There’s never been a better time to become a Financial Adviser.
Today there are more than 12 million people who have between £50,000 and £5 million of investible wealth. St. James’s Place (SJP) believes demand for advice is only set to grow from here due to:
- An increasingly ageing population whose financial affairs tend to become more complicated with time.
- Increased need for people to save and invest as governments and companies step away from providing for individuals in retirement.
- Expected billions due to change hands as part of intergenerational wealth transfer over the next 20 years.
- There’s a need for more women to become financial advisers – 19% of registered individuals are women, set against an increasing control of wealth by women, currently 60% in the UK, and by 2025, 53% of the UK’s millionaires will be women.
Whether you’ve worked in banking, teaching or something totally different, the career change programme is a fantastic opportunity to start a new flexible career. No previous financial experience is required. At the event, as well as hearing from the SJP team you will hear from people who have been through the programme and now work flexibly.
Exploring your next step after a career break? See how you already have the skills in this video and hear more about this opportunity from Gee Foottit, St. James’s Place Financial Adviser Academy.
Fully funded training programme
SJP provides an exciting and highly supported pathway to a career in wealth management, a place where the experience and knowledge that a career returner brings to the workplace are valued. They understand that transitioning from a career break to a new career can be a daunting prospect. SJP provides career returners, and changers, with a fully funded, training programme. Learning from training more than 1,000 individuals who have gone on to become some of the most respected and successful financial advisers in the profession, they equip you with everything you need.
The programme starts with three or six-month virtual training, you will gain all the qualifications, technical knowledge, and skills you need to become a qualified financial adviser. You will continue developing your skills under supervision until you reach competency and sustainability.
In addition, with UK financial advisers earning on average £100,000 a year once established, this could provide you with both the reassurance and peace of mind of financial stability.
If the following applies this could be the right path for you
- Do you seek variety?
No two days are the same
- Do you enjoy working with people?
Build long-term relationships
- Are you seeking flexibility?
Organise your own diary and working pattern
- Do you want to be fulfilled?
Help people achieve their goals
- Are you looking for greater control?
Start your own business or join an existing business within the SJP Partnership as an Adviser
‘I wanted something that would let me work with clients, I like helping people, while also giving me the opportunity to carry on learning throughout my career. What appealed to me about the Academy is the amazing level of support they give you and the fact there’s no cap on your earnings.’
Alison Jarvis, former career in Law prior to a 3.5 year career break
‘One of the things that drew me to the Academy was the feeling of being part of a cohort, everybody learning together and going through the same thing at the same time, all from different backgrounds and ages. Then there’s the support from experienced advisers when you graduate and the ongoing relationships with the Academy’s team. There’s always someone there to help.’
Rebecca Maxwell-Hyslop, former career in Financial Services prior to a 3.5 year career break
Read Rebecca’s story here: Rebecca’s Story: Retraining into Financial Planning with St. James’s Place Academy – Women Returners
For more details in general about the Academy please click this link: St. James’s Place Academy Career Change Programme
Eligibility for the Event
- The event is aimed at potential applicants for the St. James’s Place Financial Adviser Academy career change programme.
- This event is focused on women. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
- You will have previous financial services experience OR transferable skills from outside financial services and an interest in this area.
- You will hold a valid UK passport or have indefinite Leave to Remain already granted, which requires a minimum of 5 years living in the UK.
- Date: Tuesday 14 June 2022
- Timing: 10.00am-12.45pm
- Location: Virtual
To Register for the Event
If you meet the eligibility criteria, please register here
If you have any questions, please email: Gee.Foottit@sjp.co.uk with ‘Returner Event Query’ in the title
- Only people registered in advance will be able to attend the event.
- By registering, you are agreeing that St. James’s Place Wealth Management and Women Returners can contact you before and after the event.