Location: Virtual (for Scotland opportunities)
Opportunity: Return to Work Connection Event and Workshop
Dates: Event – 18 March 2021 (10am to 12.30pm); Workshop – 10 March 2021
Apply by: 15 March 2021 (by 7 March to attend the workshop)
Women Returners is delighted to open applications for a Scotland Return to Work Connection Event, enabling returning professional women to connect with employers in the Finance, Fintech and Professional Services Sectors. Employers attending the event include BlackRock, DAC Beachcroft, FDM Group, Hymans Robertson, J.P. Morgan, Phoenix Group, St.James’s Place Academy, TSB and Waterstons. Prior to the event, attendees will be invited to a free Return to Work Workshop on virtual networking. The Event is the second component of our new Return to Work Accelerator, funded by the Scottish Government Women Returners Fund.
About the Return to Work Connection Event
The Connection Event on 18 March will bring together women returners and organisations within the Finance, FinTech and Professional Services Sector in Scotland. The Event will give returners the opportunity to network with employers and to find out about their current and potential hiring needs.
At the event you will:
- Hear from employers about their organisations and their interest in hiring diverse talent
- Learn from employers about roles that are open for returner applications now or in the future
- Network with employers in small groups and start to have exploratory career conversations
- Have the opportunity to meet with other Scottish returners to create a return to work support network
- Visit the Employer Booths to find out more about the organisations and share your contact details
The Event will be delivered via Hopin, an online platform which is easy to navigate and allows for video networking and sharing connection details with employers.
About the Return to Work Workshop
Event attendees will also benefit from a free 1-hour online Return to Work Workshop on 10 March facilitated by Women Returners. This will focus on preparing you to network virtually with employers. If you sign up to the Connection Event prior to 7 March you will be automatically invited to the Return to Work Workshop.
Eligibility for the Connection Event and Workshop
This fully-funded opportunity is available to people who meet the following criteria:
- Women with a professional background who have taken an extended career break of 12 months or more for childcare, caring, redundancy or health reasons
- Based in Scotland
- Who wish to return to professional level work in the Finance, FinTech and Professional Services sectors
About The Return to Work Accelerator
The funded Return to Work Accelerator consists of the Return to Work Connection Event, together with a Return to Work Coaching and IT Skills Bootcamp for which applications are now closed.
How to Register for the Connection Event
To register to attend the event, please visit here.
The closing date for registration for the Connection Event is 15 March 2021. Please register prior to 7 March to attend the Return to Work Workshop on 10 March.
Joining details and information on Hopin, the online platform for the Connection Event, will be sent on 16 March.
If you have any questions on the Return to Work Accelerator, please contact Hazel@womenreturners.com