Programme: 6-month returnship, part of the Diversity Project: Cross Company Returner Programme
Start date: 25 April 2022
Apply by: 13 February 2022 (extended)
* Applications are now closed *
Northern Trust is delighted to participate in the Diversity Project: Cross Company Returner Programme for the first year and look forward to welcoming and supporting returner talent into their organisation.
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, they serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities they serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
They recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked them the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Opportunity on the Programme
Northern Trust utilises innovative technology, deep expertise and personalized service to provide integrated solutions to their clients that keep pace with their needs and help them make more insightful business decisions.
They are looking for a Project Manager with experience ideally within a capital markets / financial services environment. Alongside sector experience candidates should have:
- demonstrated experience managing programme implementations with multiple systems involved
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Previous experience working with vendors and 3rd party providers
- Demonstrated analytical skills that includes problem solving and risk mitigation
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated experience creating programme KPIs (key performance indicators) and managing a program’s strengths and areas of improvement against those guidelines
What you can expect
- The programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, starting in April 2022, and the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the placement.
- You will receive internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor, buddy and Returner Coaching from Women Returners. As the coaching will be delivered as a cohort, you will benefit from a ready-made peer support group of other returners.
- Northern Trust will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days. They value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
How to apply
To apply to Northern Trust, please click here.
Closing date for applications is 13 February 2022 (extended)
With any questions, please email Martin Joseph Watson.
With any questions on the programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.