Applications have now closed
Location: Leicester, Doncaster and South Elmsall
Start date: April 2021
Opportunity: 6 Month Returnship
Salary: Range of £22,720 – £50,268 dependant on experience and role
Closing date: 28 February 2021
Back to IT is designed to support talented IT professionals back into work after an extended career break of two or more years.
The programme offers successful applicants a paid placement of 6 months, with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role. Roles available with this programme are based in the Leicester, Doncaster and South Elmsall areas. A range of flexible working options are available, dependent on the role.
Next has a range of mid to senior level IT roles available for experienced IT professionals. You will be placed in an area which matches your professional experience. To support you back into the workplace, you will receive coaching from Women Returners, a mentor from within Next and opportunities to network across the organisation. You will receive a competitive package of pay and benefits during the programme.
There are flexible working options available with this role, including home working.
Read about Bhavna’s experience of returning to work on the first Back to IT programme here.
About Next IT
Next has a dedicated team of over 850 people in IT, working across three state-of the-art locations. They’ve helped create one of the most-visited retail websites in Europe, seen by millions of people across 72 countries and have committed to staying ahead. Most of their IT solutions are developed in-house which gives them that competitive edge. They’re an always changing, fast-paced industry, and they invest in both brilliant people and the latest technology to help them define what’s next.
Next is not only retail: They’re creative and aspire to achieve the best they can in whatever they do. Their values are at the forefront of everything they do (Customers, People, Quality, Teamwork, and Innovation). These define who they are and the way they approach IT at Next. Next encourages communication across the entire IT department to ensure their values are more than words. They are what they live by, every day.
From developing in .NET to using emerging technologies, embracing change with MVC and adapting through agile ways of working, Next IT is focused on delivery and driving the business forward. They’re currently investing in expanding their credit system, Next Pay and making sure their cyber security function is world class. They’re also moving their data to the Cloud. At the same time, they’re constantly improving logistics and warehouse processes as well as their use of big data and always evolving their website. Whatever your area of interest, you can bring your ideas to life at Next!
Who Next is looking for:
Next is keen to hear from candidates who have had a career break of at least two years, and who want to get back to an IT role, in particular:
- Developer (C#, .NET)
- Test Analyst (Manual, automation, SQL, C#)
- Systems Engineer (Windows, Linux, Networking, scripting, automation)
- Information Security (Security Analyst, Security Engineer, Vulnerability Engineer)
- Have been out of the IT field for two or more years and are looking to return to an IT role
- Drive, commitment and a can-do attitude
- A strong aptitude and interest in learning new skills and technologies
Benefits @ Next:
Whether it’s technology or people, Next believes in investing in the best. That’s why they offer a competitive salary and the following generous benefits:
- Profit–related bonus
- 25% staff discount on most Next products – either in their stores or delivered directly to your desk!
- Staff shop
- Juice bar (Leicester, Head Office)
- Free parking on site, including car sharing
- Free company bus service (Leicester, Head Office)
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee shop
- Save scheme, which allows you to invest in Next and claim your share of our success
- Contributions into a pension scheme
- Life assurance
- On–site nursery (salary sacrifice scheme) in Leicester, Head Office
- Childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice scheme)
- As a Next employee, you will also have access to many more national and local discounts on goods and services through their employee perks scheme
To apply to the Next – Back to IT Programme please upload your CV and cover letter here
Next would like your covering letter to highlight your experience and motivations for joining the Next – Back to IT programme. If you could reference a certain job area in your covering letter this would be very much appreciated.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28th February 2021
Once applications have been received and reviewed you may be invited for a telephone interview early March..
If you have any questions please email email@example.com putting ‘Back to IT’ in the subject box