Location: UK: Leicester, Doncaster and South Elmsall
Start date: April/May 2023
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Salary: Range of £25,187 – £50,338 depending on experience and role
Closing date: 17 February 2023
*Applications have now closed*
Next offers a Back to IT programme which is designed to support talented technology professionals back into work after an extended career break of two or more years. Salary ranges between £25,187- £50,338 depending on experience and role.
About the Back to IT Programme at Next
The programme offers successful applicants a paid placement of 6 months, with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role. Roles available with this programme are based at Head Office in Enderby, Leicester as well as their sites in South Elmsall and Doncaster. A range of flexible working options are available, dependent on the role.
Next has a range of mid to senior level technology roles available for experienced tech professionals. You will be placed in an area which matches your professional experience. To support you back into the workplace, you will receive coaching from Women Returners, a mentor from within Next and opportunities to network across the organisation. You will receive a competitive package of pay and benefits during the programme.
About Next Technology
Technology drives what they do – plain and simple! It’s helped them become one of the UK’s most profitable retailers so they can invest in the latest technology and the greatest people.
With a large talented team of over 1,300 people designing, developing and supporting all of their business applications and infrastructure in house, they are unusual for the retail sector. Retail is fast-moving with fashions changing every season. Applying the same rule to their technology is fundamental to staying ahead of the competition, so they need the very best people to do just that.
From developing in .NET to using emerging technologies, embracing change with the cloud and adapting through agile ways of working, they’re focused on delivery and driving the business forward. Next is currently investing in expanding their credit system, Next Pay and making sure their cyber security function is world class. They are also moving their data to the Cloud. At the same time, they’re constantly improving logistics and warehouse processes as well as their use of big data and always evolving their website. Whatever your area of interest, you can bring your ideas to life at Next!
You can read about Bhavna’s return to work story here.
Who Next is looking for
They are keen to hear from candidates who have had a career break of at least two years, and keen to get back to a tech role, in particular:
- Developer/Support Developer (C#, .NET, COBOL, Adabas, DB2)
- Test Analyst (Automation, SQL, C#)
- Business Analysts
- Have been out of the tech field for two or more years and are looking to return to an IT role. During your career break you could have been working part-time, on a small-scale role, or doing unpaid or charitable work.
- Drive, commitment and a can-do attitude
- A strong aptitude and interest in learning new skills and technologies
Benefits @ Next
Whether it’s technology or people, they believe in investing in the best. That’s why they offer a competitive salary and the following generous benefits:
- Profit–related bonus
- 25% staff discount on most Next products – either in their stores or delivered directly to your desk!
- Staff shop
- Juice bar (Leicester, Head Office)
- Free parking on site, including car sharing
- Free company bus service (Leicester, Head Office)
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee shop
- Sharesave scheme, which allows you to invest in Next and claim your share of their success
- Contributions into a pension scheme
- Life assurance
- On–site nursery (salary sacrifice scheme) in Leicester, Head Office
- Childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice scheme)
- As a Next employee, you will also have access to many more national and local discounts on goods and services through their employee perks scheme
To apply please click on the relevant link below to attach your CV and a covering letter. They would like your covering letter to highlight your experience and motivations for joining the Back to IT programme. If you could reference a certain job area in your covering letter this would be very much appreciated.
The closing date for applications is 17 February 2023.
For any questions about the programme, please email email@example.com using the subject header “Back to IT”.
Next aims to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch by calling 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.