* Applications are now closed *
Location: UK: London
Programme: 6-month returnship
Start date: May 2022
Apply by: 6 February 2022
Man Group, one of the world’s largest independent alternative investment managers, is partnering with Women Returners to launch its 2022 Returner Programme for experienced professionals who have taken an extended career break and now want to return to the workforce.
About the Man Group Returner Programme
During the six month programme, you will work on professional assignments based on your skills and interests, and will benefit from coaching through the transition period from Women Returners, together with internal mentoring and network access. At the end of the programme, there will be the possibility of a permanent role with the organisation.
Man Group strongly believes in flexible working and encourages applications from people who want flexibility in their working arrangements. All of the roles they are considering can be, and often are, performed flexibly.
To read about Maria’s experience on a previous programme, see here
Who Man Group is looking for
Man Group is keen to hear from candidates of any gender who have had a career break of at least 18 months (as at May 2022), with relevant experience for any or a number of the following teams that support their Investment Engines:
Man AHL employs diversified quantitative techniques to offer a range of strategies which encompass traditional momentum, non-traditional momentum, multi-strategy and sector-based approaches.
- Project leadership experience
- Excellent organisational skills and experience of managing complex relationships involving multiple products and stakeholders
- Experience with creating technical solutions for operation and data related tasks/processes
- Programming skills in SQL and an object-oriented language, preferably python
Finance models, analyses and reports financial information: to the business and Group Board (to aid better decision making); to the Company’s equity and debt holders (to meet their requirements for investing in the Company); and to regulators (to fully comply with regulatory rules and requirements). They are a team of around 80 operating in a dynamic environment with a focus on making best use of technology to deliver their work efficiently.
- A fast learner with prior experience of working in a finance department and/or a part qualified/ qualified accountant ideally in the financial services industry.
- Individuals with experience of working in tax teams are also welcome to apply
The BORR team is responsible for supporting the business to identify, manage and mitigate their material operational risks in order to facilitate better risk management and increased institutional resilience in response to adverse operational conditions, incidents, threats and attacks. The diversity of the roles in BORR means they can consider a range of backgrounds.
- Proven experience in at least one of Operational Risk, Resilience & Business Continuity or Third Party Oversight is required
- Strong focus and appreciation of risk and resilience
Man Group’s global sales professionals seek to address the needs of institutional investors, private clients and their investment consultants in their local markets. The department’s vast network encompasses direct relationships as well as a financial intermediaries and joint venture distribution partners around the world. The team is headquartered in London with on-the-ground presence in the US, Switzerland, Hong Kong SAR, China, Japan and Australia.
Potential opportunities include roles in any of the following areas:
- Investment Services – dedicated investment management specialist teams creating and delivering high quality content and fund marketing materials
- Investment Analytics – function-specific teams maintaining and disseminating portfolio analytics for sales, PMs and the central business
- Client Service – regional sales operations teams that support front-line sales
Alpha Technology brings together a number of Investment Manager specific teams into a single business entity. They create a team, environment and technology platform which promotes the highest level of innovation and agility across all of their investment managers, whilst minimising unnecessary duplication of technology, tools and process.
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics
- A passion for technology and software development – proven experience coding in Python or Java; Familiarity with a Linux Operating System is preferable
Trading Platform & Core Technology is responsible for delivering and maintaining technology solutions which enhance Man Group’s capabilities throughout the entire trade lifecycle from order generation through to settlement; and the core IT infrastructure that underpins the whole company.
- Passion for technology; proven experience in chosen field; self-starter with strong communication and organisational skills
- Past professional experience in a similar industry preferable but not a requirement
Timing and Salary
It is envisaged that the start date will be in May 2022.
The successful candidates will be paid a salary at a competitive market rate.
About Man Group
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $117.7 billion of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices. The business has five specialist investment engines: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM. These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm’s single operating platform. Their clients are at the heart of everything they do and they engage in close dialogue with their investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. For more information about Man Group’s approach to responsible investment, please visit www.man.com/responsible-investment. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and is committed to equality of opportunity. Man Group believes that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of its business, and this is embedded in its culture and values. They run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help them to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across the firm and industry (see https://www.man.com/diversity). Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter. Through the Man Charitable Trust, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly. Employees are offered two ‘Mankind’ days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust’s community volunteering programme.
Please apply, using the link below, via Man Group’s online career portal by submitting:
- Your CV
- The application form (which can be found here)
Apply here: Man Group Returner Programme 2022
Apply by 6 February 2022 and remember to show your career break on your CV.
For any enquiries, please contact HRSO@man.com stating ‘Returner Programme Query’ in the title.