Location: UK: South Woodford, London E18 *This is an in-person event*
Date: 27 April 2022 (10am – 13.30pm)
Programme: Financial Adviser Career Change Insight Event
KWM Wealth and St. James’s Place Financial Adviser Academy are partnering with Women Returners to co-host a Career Returners event aimed at introducing returning women to a retraining opportunity to become a qualified financial adviser within KWM Wealth, one of SJP’s Principal Partner Practices. The event will be in-person at KWM Wealth, HOHO House, 20-22 High Street, South Woodford, London, E18 2QL.
Join them for a morning of speaker sessions to learn about your journey to becoming a qualified financial adviser and future career in KWM Wealth. KWM Wealth will highlight the opportunities they have provided to women which has enabled them to take control of their working lives. You will also benefit from a Women Returners coaching workshop on preparing for your return to work.
Exploring your next step after a career break? See how you already have the skills in this video and hear more about this opportunity from Gee Foottit, Senior Marketing Manager St. James’s Place too.
About the career change programme
Fully funded, first-class training programme
St. James’s Place understand that transitioning from a career break to a new career can be a daunting prospect. They provide career changers, and returners with a fully funded, first-class training programme, the Financial Adviser Academy. Learning from training more than 1,000 individuals who have gone on to become some of the most respected and successful financial advisers in the profession, they equip you with everything you need. In addition, with UK financial advisers earning on average £100,000 a year once established, this could provide you with both the reassurance and peace of mind of financial stability.
If the following applies this could be the right path for you
- Do you seek variety?
No two days are the same
- Do you enjoy working with people?
Build long-term relationships
- Are you seeking flexibility?
Organise your own diary and working pattern
- Do you want to be fulfilled?
Help people achieve their goals
- Are you looking for greater control?
Grow and run your own business within the support structure of KWM Wealth
‘I wanted something that would let me work with clients, I like helping people, while also giving me the opportunity to carry on learning throughout my career. What appealed to me about the Academy is the amazing level of support they give you and the fact there’s no cap on your earnings.’
Alison Jarvis, former career in law prior to a 3.5 year career break
‘One of the things that drew me to the Academy was the feeling of being part of a cohort, everybody learning together and going through the same thing at the same time, all from different backgrounds and ages. Then there’s the support from experienced advisers when you graduate and the ongoing relationships with the Academy’s team. There’s always someone there to help.’
Rebecca Maxwell-Hyslop, former career in financial services prior to a 3.5 year career break
KWM Wealth Adviser Development programme in partnership with the St. James’s Place Academy provides an exciting and highly supported pathway into career opportunities within wealth management. KWM Wealth is committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment and they value the experience and knowledge that a career returner brings to the workplace.
The programme starts with three or six-month virtual training, you will gain all the skills and technical knowledge you’ll need to take and pass the exams, to become a qualified financial planner. You will continue developing your skills in KWM Wealth supported by a Senior Financial Adviser, internal development programmes and wider St. James’s Place courses as you build your client portfolio within KWM Wealth.
KWM Wealth have a long-standing partnership with the Academy and are thrilled to be able to offer this exciting opportunity. For more details in general about the Academy please click this link: St. James’s Place Academy Career Change Programme
Eligibility for the Event
- The event is aimed at potential applicants for the Academy’s two-year career change programme.
- This event is focused on women. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
- You will have previous financial services experience OR transferable skills from outside financial services and an interest in this area.
- You will hold a valid UK passport or have indefinite Leave to Remain already granted, which requires a minimum of 5 years living in the UK.
- Date: 27 April 2022
- Timing: 10.00am-13.30pm
- Location: KWM Wealth HOHO House, 20-22 High Street, South Woodford, London, E18 2QL *This is an in-person event*
To Register for the Event
If you meet the eligibility criteria, please register here
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com with ‘Returner Event Query’ in the title.
- Only people registered in advance will be able to attend the event.
- By registering, you are agreeing that St. James’s Place Wealth Management and Women Returners can contact you before and after the event.