Location: Edinburgh (virtual initially)
Start Date: Flexible
Opportunity: 6-month Returnship Role
Closing Date: 11 June 2021 (extended)
**Now closed for applications**
Kiltearn Partners is a privately-held asset management firm based in Edinburgh. The firm employs a disciplined value-based approach to investing in global equities on behalf of its institutional client base. Kiltearn is a deliberately small, successful organisation with a close-knit culture fostered by its partnership structure and broad-based employee ownership.
Kiltearn is currently looking to recruit an analyst to join its investment team, providing company analysis and contributing to investment decisions.
In particular, Kiltearn values a diverse range of perspectives, so is interested in recruiting analysts with a wide range of academic, professional and life experiences.
The Returnship Role – Analyst
Life experience comes in many forms that sometimes require a period away from formal employment. Kiltearn recognises the insight and maturity that a career break can bring and is keen to welcome talented analysts looking to transition back into work.
Kiltearn is offering a 6-Month returnship with the opportunity of a permanent role at the end of the placement. The role can be structured flexibly to give candidates the opportunity to balance life commitments as well as developing their career.
What does Kiltearn look for in an analyst?
- Intellectual humility; a desire to learn
- Curiosity about companies, markets and the discipline of investing
- A willingness and fortitude to be contrarian
- A team-oriented view of success
- A can-do attitude; accepting of and willing to provide constructive feedback
What kind of educational and professional experience is necessary?
- Graduate with a degree in any subject
- Experience working in financial markets, or a background relevant to investing in global equities
What can Kiltearn offer you?
- Career Returners Coaching Programme delivered by Women Returners during your 6-month placement
- Training to facilitate the successful return to work
- A mentor and a buddy for your day to day questions
- A cohesive and supportive working culture, built on mutual trust and shared goals
- The opportunity to build a successful career in investment
- Competitive pay and a twice yearly performance–related bonus
- The prospect of sharing in Kiltearn’s success though employee ownership and co-investment
- Private health, travel & life insurance
- Employment sponsorship is available, if necessary, for successful candidates
All applications will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or natural origin, religion, belief, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit to your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include ‘Returnship Application’ in the subject of your application email.
The closing date for applications is Friday 11 June 2021.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Robert McGinty on firstname.lastname@example.org