Location: UK: Edinburgh/Glasgow/Remote
Programme: 6-month cross-company returnship (Part of the Return to Tech Scotland Programme)
Start Date: 30 January 2023
Apply by: 13 November 2022 (extended)
*Applications have now closed*
Idox is partnering with Women Returners to launch their very first Returner Programme in technology for opportunities based in Scotland (remote/hybrid). The program is targeted at experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break. Applicants must have taken a career break of 18 months or more (as at January 2023). You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
As this programme is funded by the Scottish Government Women Returners Fund, it is only open for women to apply.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Idox is happy to discuss flexible working arrangements.
What you can expect from the Programme
- The programme offers a professionally paid placement of 6-months starting in January 2023
- Positions are at professional levels across two Technology business groups (Profession Services Team and Idox Cloud)
- In addition to the Career Returners Coaching Programme support you will receive from Women Returners, Idox will partner you with a professional mentor and buddy to support your return to work, professional development and help you to develop your internal professional network
- Flexible working options are available depending on the role
What they are looking for
Project Manager (home based)
- Experience of software project management
- Experience of Microsoft project
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
Project Administrator (hybrid/Glasgow)
- A good communicator both written and oral
- Able to maintain attention to fine detail
- Proactive, with a logical approach, able to complete and finish tasks
- Familiar with MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel
Data Consultant (remote)
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers
- Writing bespoke scripts for use with Idox software products
- Managing the extraction, transformation and transfer of Idox data
- Advising clients during data scoping exercises, data workshops or consultancy sessions
Technical Consultant (remote)
- Highly organised with strong communication skills
- Be curious and creative
- Compile and maintain required technical and project documentation
- Assess processes and suggest areas of improvement
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
Bid Support Executive (remote)
- High level of written English
- Strong communication skills & keen eye for detail
- Self motivated
- Ability to work to tight deadline
Software Engineer (remote/Glasgow)
- Understanding of OO concepts and design
- Be a key team member on significant projects
- Use continuous agile methodologies to deliver quality software
- Develop our products using a variety of web and mobile technologies to deliver user-focused front-ends and maintainable back-ends
Quality Assurance Engineer (remote/Glasgow)
- An excellent understanding of Quality Assurance processes
- Experience developing testing artefacts, such as test plans, test cases and mind maps.
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
Their specialist software solutions power the performance of government and industry, driving productivity and a better experience for everyone.
Built around the user and designed in collaboration with experts who have worked through every detail of every process from end-to-end,their hard-working process engines deliver exceptional functionality and embed workflows that drive efficiency and best practice. Through the automation of tasks, simplification of complex operations and more effective management of information, they can help clients harness the power of digital, so they can do more.
Find out more about Idox, their customers, products and the industries that they support here
Idox believe in an inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to share their views, where their employees feel like they belong. A culture where innovative and passionate people can grow and do their best work. A culture that develops and deepens with every new team member but always stays true to their core values.
At the heart of all they do, at both employee and group level, these values create a culture and vision for Idox. You can learn more about Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Idox.
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter to Nick Higgins
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Nick Higgins
If you have any questions on the overall programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women Returners Programme is funded by the Scottish Government and administered by Skills Development Scotland.