Location: Covent Garden, London
Opportunity: Supported Hiring into a permanent role
Start date: To be agreed
HSM is a specialist research consultancy founded by Professor Lynda Gratton of the London Business School. Lynda is one of the world’s leading thinkers on the future of work and organisational behaviour. For further information about HSM visit here.
HSM is delighted to be partnering with Women Returners for this supported hiring opportunity to join the Management Team as an Associate Director. If you are successful, as a returner with an 18+ months career break, you will receive return to work coaching from Women Returners to support your transition back into the workplace.
HSM welcomes discussion about flexible working, including staggered hours and working from home options.
About the role
As part of the Management Team you will be expected to add value in the following ways:
Lead complex people-based projects
- Acting as project lead on the delivery of complex global projects on exciting and often sensitive topics relating to people and change
- Leading facilitation of various focus groups, design workshops and leader interviews
- Anticipating how things connect and potential challenges or blockers throughout the project lifecycle
- Engaging stakeholders effectively, at all levels of seniority
- Empathising with the client’s internal challenges and providing support to overcome blockers
- Building rapport virtually and across different cultures
- Ability to manage a team of consultants through complex qualitative analysis
- Ability to edit reports to client-facing level
Build the business
- Identifying the core problem HSM can solve for a client and how
- Communicating insights and project updates to clients in a professional manner
- Building relationships with new and existing clients to generate ongoing business
- Demonstrating a curiosity and passion for creating better workplaces for people
- Delivery of keynote presentations on HSM insights and research
- Pragmatic and commercial approach to helping clients
Create a flourishing HSM culture
- Actively develops other team members, providing feedback and direction to junior members
- Helps with onboarding new, junior team members
- Demonstrates a positive and ‘can-do’ approach to their work
- Inclusive and respectful of all colleagues and always seeks to be supportive
Deliver great work
- Delivering high quality work on entire deliverables within an advisory programme, to a high degree of autonomy
- Leading project teams and managing deadlines accordingly
- Harnessing strong understanding of HSM research and insights
- Analysing client data to derive insights within companies, and translate these for the client into tangible recommendations
- Delivering key internal projects as required (such as project management tools) to enhance overall ways of working
Who are they looking for?
- Someone who is self-motivated, keen to lead and learn and good at working in a dynamic environment – HSM has a small team so employees are often required to help out on tasks outside their direct role
- You’re well-organised, capable of structuring your working days and weeks to add value on many projects simultaneously, and thrive at delivering at pace with the support of a fantastic and truly collegiate team
- You bring a good sense of perspective and are able to stay focused on the bigger picture and reset when there are challenges or blockers to support team motivation
- Your levels of empathy enable you to both support your colleagues and team and also navigate complex and sensitive issues for clients
- You are a strong communicator with an ability and willingness to have difficult conversations when necessary and to flex your style to suit different stakeholders.
- You listen and ask questions rather than make assumptions
- You are able to connect information and ideas to respond to unique client needs and work with the team to develop new services for clients
- Essential: 8 plus years’ work experience, ideally in a large consultancy firm e.g. Accenture, Deloitte or Professional Services firm
- Desirable: a background in change management, innovation, organisational behaviour, management studies, or HR-related fields
- A minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent)
Through their research and advisory work, HSM enable leaders to ignite people-powered change, drawing on the internal insights of their employees, augmented by their research expertise. Over their ten-year history, they’ve delivered results as trusted advisors to FTSE 100 companies, Magic Circle law firms, and the Big Four professional service firms.
HSM look for people who are inspired by unleashing human potential; who have an innate curiousity about what enables people to perform; and who are hungry to make an impact through innovative and fast-paced change programmes.
You will be enthusiastic and engaged and will join the team based in Covent Garden in Central London (currently working remotely). They work in an incredibly exciting and cutting-edge environment. Each team member brings something unique and they would expect you to do the same. This is an environment where you can grow and flourish, so it is crucial that you are passionate and self-motivated. A lot of effort is put into helping each team member build capabilities and develop their full potential, both as part of the role and in relation to their unique skills and aptitudes. Part of this is being involved in a wide variety of work as well as being ready and able to support other team members.
How to apply
Please click here to visit the application website.
You will need to attach a CV and cover letter. Please ensure your CV shows the duration of your career break.
HSM appreciate that as a returner you may wish to leave the ‘salary expectation’ question blank at this stage of your application.
Please state in your covering letter that you saw this role advertised on Women Returners.
If you have any questions, please contact Deven Naran: Deven@hotspotsmovement.com
The closing date for applications is 11 March 2021 (extended).