Location: UK: Bath, Exeter, Harrogate, London, Salisbury, Taunton or Worcester
Opportunity: Supported hiring into permanent role
Start date: To be agreed
Apply by: ASAP
*Applications have now closed*
Hawksmoor is pleased to partner with Women Returners to appoint a Head of Investment Management role, reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (Sarah Soar). Hawksmoor welcomes candidates who have taken an extended career break to apply for this role. The successful candidate who has taken a career break of more than 2 years will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. During your career break, you may have worked on a small-scale or self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. Your career break could be for any reason.
Hawksmoor specialises in managing private client, trust and charity portfolios, as well as three multi-asset funds-of-funds and a series of risk-based ‘Model Portfolios’ for Financial Advisers.
They are a growing, award winning, specialist investment and fund management business, with offices in Exeter, London, Taunton, Bath and Worcester. Gore Browne Investment Management has recently been added to the Hawksmoor Group, adding offices in Salisbury and Harrogate.
Hawksmoor is open to discussing flexible working and which office the role will be based in; travel to other offices will be required.
They are a values-led organisation whose bespoke approach puts client needs first.
About the role
Hawksmoor Investment Management seeks an accomplished leader to join their Executive Management team as Head of Investment Management to lead and drive implementation of the firm’s strategy within the Investment Management and Research teams.
- Develop and execute strategy for the Investment Management division and Research team
- Represent the Investment Management Division at Executive meetings and committees
- Work closely with the COO in relation to IT system implementation, maintenance, and process development
- Motivate, develop and maximize the potential of investment managers and researchers, both as individuals and as a team
- Work with the Head of Research to develop and embed the investment process across all investment management teams
- Ensure regulatory compliance, risk management, and the highest ethical standards
- Consumer Duty champion for Investment Management
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams and colleagues in the Financial Planning division of the Group to grow funds under management
- Actively involved in the recruitment of new investment managers and succession planning.
What they are looking for
- Experience in an investment management leadership role, ideally at Board level
- Extensive knowledge of markets, asset classes and securities
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Outstanding relationship building and communication skills
- Chartered MCSI or equivalent qualification
- Dedication to client service excellence
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Opportunity to shape a successful, growing firm
- Collaborative team environment that values expertise
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your application here
In your cover letter please feel free to highlight any additional information from your career break which may be relevant to this role. You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
For any queries or further details please e-mail Richard.Vain@hawksmoorim.co.uk
Please apply ASAP, latest 8 September 2023.