Location: UK (Kingswood, Surrey) or Ireland (Dublin)
Start Date: September 2022
Opportunity: Supported Hiring Role, 12-month fixed-term contract (including part-time)
Closing date for applications: 5 August 2022 (extended)
* Applications are now closed *
As part of the Diversity Project Supported Hiring initiative, Fidelity International welcomes professionals who have taken an extended career break to apply for a HR Manager position.
A successful candidate who has taken a career break of 18+months will receive coaching support through the transition period from Women Returners. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
About the Role and Department
The Human Resources department supports Fidelity’s Business to ensure the effective management and development of the talent in the organisation. It involves having oversight of all aspects of human capital management, which includes a number of areas of expertise working together collaboratively – talent acquisition, talent management and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and organisation development.
- Open to part-time applicants
- The programme offers a professionally paid fixed-term contract (FTC) maternity cover for 14 months, starting in September 2022
- This position could be based in their Surrey or Dublin office
- You will have the opportunity to work in global teams within a growing international business
- In addition to the coaching and support you will receive from Women Returners, Fidelity will provide you with a professional mentor and buddy to support your return to work and with professional development
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to support their Technology & Digital HR Business Partner (HRBP) team to provide the full range of HRBP support to the Technology & Digital function from a strategic and operational perspective, working closely with global HR counterparts partner to ensure that the People agenda is reflected in all decisions and aligned to achieve the desired business outcomes. The Technology & Digital function is a varied and global client group with lots of innovative, future-driven, business focused HR initiatives that add value to the business. As a team, they work closely with their HR Centre’s of Expertise colleagues, including talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, diversity & inclusion, early careers and talent management.
- Support the Technology & Digital HRBP team and business leaders on the design and development of the HR strategy for Technology and Digital
- Work with line managers to ensure regular talent discussions take place as part of management meetings, and development plans are in place targeting high potential employees. Support annualised talent data gathering exercises
- Manage employee relations issues, engaging with business managers promptly to address issues in a timely manner and assist in developing employee communication plans where appropriate
- Contribute to and lead the HR components of change management and restructuring initiatives, which may include consultation with groups and individuals
- Working in partnership with the various HR Centres of Expertise, Technology Business Manager and Employee Communications Partner, support on the delivery of HR agenda and key HR processes including engagement programmes, career vitality initiatives, compensation management, talent management, leadership development and employee relations matters, etc
- Working with the Employee Engagement team and Technology Business Manager, take the lead on the preparation, communication and updates to the management team for the annual employee engagement survey, and track outputs and activities
- Using their People Analytics Tools, provide data-driven people and organisational insights for decision making
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Relationship builder with good facilitation and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Consultative approach, effective influencing and listening skills with a personal impact and communication style that will ensure success and credibility at all levels in the organisation
- Future orientated whilst present focused and with a problem-solving mindset
- Analytical thinker, able to conceptualise, whilst being pragmatic and able to simplify complex issues in order to develop effective policies and best practice
- High standards of integrity, ethically minded, energetic and hard working
- Collaborative team member, across different locations and business areas
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, they think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, their clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers, and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Fidelity clients come from all walks of life and so do their employees. They are proud of their inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more. They are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
Fidelity is committed to being a truly flexible employer, encouraging and trusting their people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, their business, their colleagues and their clients. Fidelity offers the maximum possible flexibility over where and when you work for all, considering your role and any local regulations. They call this new approach “dynamic working”.
Apply ASAP. The closing date for applications is 5 August (extended)
Interviews will occur w/c 25 July and w/c 1 August
For any questions, please contact Jenny Kaljee on Jenny.Kaljee@fil.com