Location: Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore (may start virtually in some countries dependent on Covid-19 situation)
Opportunity: 6-month returnship programme
Timing: May – November 2021
Apply by: ASAP(closing soon)
Applications have now closed
Fidelity International is partnering with Women Returners to launch their New Horizons Returner Programme in Asia-Pacific, following the success of the programme in the UK over the last 5 years. The Programme is targeted at experienced professional women and men looking to return to work in Investment Management after an extended career break.
Fidelity has a variety of opportunities in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Australia and China for professionals with a background in Equity Research, Multi Asset, Fixed Income Investment Directing, Product Development or Sustainable Investing.
What you can expect from the Programme
- The programme offers a professionally paid placement of 6 months starting in May 2021, with the strong possibility of an ongoing role at the end of the assignment
- Positions are for mid-senior level roles
- You will have the opportunity to work in global teams within a growing international business
- You will receive virtual coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace. As coaching will be delivered centrally to the full cohort of Fidelity Asia-Pacific returners, you will benefit from a supportive peer network of like-minded people across the organisation.
- Fidelity will partner you with a professional mentor and a buddy to support your return to work and your professional development and to help you to develop your internal professional network
- Flexible working options may be available during and after the Programme depending on the role
Read about the experiences of 3 returners who joined Fidelity International on the UK returner programme:
- Sarah-Jane – returned after a 15 year career break
- Christine – returned after a 10+ year career break
- Stacie – returned following a 10 year career break
Who Fidelity is looking for
- Highly collaborative people who are passionate about striving to grow their business
- People who are naturally curious, strong communicators and can build effective relationships across departments and geographies and who enjoy working in an environment of high integrity and trust
- People who have taken an extended career break of 18 months or more (as at May 2021)
- People with the right to work in the location specified
- Previous experience working within an investment function ideally having knowledge or experience of Equity Research, Multi Asset, Fixed Income Investment Directing, Product Development or Sustainable Investing.
Specifically, Fidelity is interested in candidates with the following experience, skills and interests:
Multi Asset – Investment expertise, ideally cross-asset or strong understanding within an asset class and willingness to embrace the wider investment universe and solutions. The individual could work on the client side of the team, working on solving large client’s investment needs or on the investment side generating investment ideas
Product Development – Working as part of the Product Development & Management team in Asia, you will be driving several new initiatives around new products, capability, business or investment strategies. This will involve working closely with the Distribution teams, the Investment teams, and the various Fidelity support teams in Asia. You will also work closely and interact with other Product colleagues internationally for cross-border opportunities. You will ideally have experience managing large complex projects with various stakeholders, knowledge of asset management products, market and clients trends, and be comfortable with solving problems, investigating specific issues and come up with creative solutions.
Equity Research Analyst: Working as part of the Greater China Research team, you will conduct deep fundamental research into Greater China sectors and stocks, generate investment insights and contribute investment ideas to client funds. You will ideally have experience in fundamental equity research in Greater China markets.
Fixed Income: Working as part of the Fixed Income team, which offers opportunities from trading, research, portfolio management to investment directing. The team is highly dynamic and embraces discussion and new ideas with the aim to deliver desirable investment outcomes for its clients. You will ideally have a strong understanding and experience of the Fixed Income asset class.
Sustainable Investing: Working as part of Fidelity’s sustainable investing team, you will help drive the integration of sustainability and ESG considerations in the investment process and broader client proposition. You will ideally have prior experience in sustainability and/or stewardship in the context of financial service organisations.
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world-class investment solutions and retirement expertise. They are a privately owned, independent company driven by the needs of their clients, not shareholders. Their vision is to deliver innovative solutions for a better future for their clients.
They give their employees the freedom and responsibility to take control of their careers and hone their skills as they grow within their current role and beyond. Their employees are passionate, engaged, smart and curious and are given the independence to make a difference.
Fidelity are committed to being an inclusive and diverse company to work for and strive to create a culture where flexible working is encouraged so that they retain and attract the best talent by offering working patterns that suit both individual and business needs.
Read about Fidelity in Asia-Pacific here
How to apply
Apply for the Programme asap using the relevant link below. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the location specified:
- Australia (Sydney) – (closed)
- China (Shanghai) (closed)
- Hong Kong (closed)
- Japan (Tokyo) (closed)
- Singapore (closed)
With any questions, please email the Fidelity New Horizons Asia-Pacific team on FIL-NewHorizonsAPAC@fil.com