Location: Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, London
Start date: Ongoing throughout the year
Opportunity: Upskilling training followed by supported hiring
Ready to re-join the workforce?
*Hiring now: FDM are looking for ambitious returners to work as Lead Business Analysts for one of their major clients in the banking industry. The role is based in Glasgow with starting date in May 2021. Read below to find out more and apply.
Find out about FDM’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) preparations here
Returning to work after a career break can be a daunting experience, but the FDM Returners Programme is specifically designed to help with your transition. FDM believes that with the right training to refresh your skills, you can return to the workplace and make a positive impact from day one.
About the programme
The FDM Returners Programme will provide you with seven weeks of commercially relevant business and technical training aimed to refresh your existing knowledge and develop new skills to help you to regain confidence before returning to the corporate world. You will have the opportunity to gain industry recognised certifications to stand out from the crowd. Following your training, you will work with one or more of FDM’s market-leading clients for a minimum of two years, supporting and leading exciting projects.
FDM’s people are their priority and they are passionate about placing returners into suitable roles with clients within the public, financial, energy, healthcare and other sectors. You will be provided with full support and various networking opportunities and feel part of the FDM family from day one! After the two years, you can either transition permanently with the client, remain with FDM as a senior consultant or seek other opportunities.
The Returners Programme is hiring throughout the whole year with roles available across the UK in London, Leeds and Glasgow.
FDM has an exciting new role in Glasgow with a global financial client starting within weeks. Their client is looking for experienced professionals to join their digital transformation team as a Lead Business Analyst. The role will involve leading the impact analysis and as-is process mapping, all the way through to management requirements, designs and delivering the implementation of the changes. The individual will also be collaborating with the business and multiple delivery partners on requirement workshops, surveys, training, use case, scenarios and more.
What they’re looking for
- Minimum of one year career break
- 5+ years of relevant business analysis experience (business requirements gathering, process mapping, process design)
- Excellent work ethic, commitment and a can-do attitude
- A strong aptitude and interest in business
- Committed, pragmatic, stable and critical thinker
- Ability to commit to a two-year contract with FDM once the seven-week training period is complete
- Ability to work full time
You will receive
- Commercially relevant business and technical training, including access to PRINCE2 and SCRUM Master certifications
- Flexible training hours of 9:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday during the seven-week training period, to help accommodate personal commitments
- Fast-track career progression to get you back into business
- Competitive starting salary
- Permanent employment opportunity with continuous support and development throughout your career journey
Visit their website to learn more: https://www.fdmgroup.com/careers/returners-to-work/
You can read and hear about the experiences of FDM returners here:
For further information please see this FAQ
FDM has firmly established itself as an inclusive employer that champions diversity in the workplace. The community of FDMers encompasses people from all walks of life, from university graduates to ex-forces and returners to work, with over 85 nationalities working together. FDM is proud to have reported a median gender pay gap is -2.1% for 2020, compared to a UK average of 17.3% in 2019. The company recognises its employees and highlights role models through the annual FDM Everywoman in Technology Awards. You will discover from day one that your time with them will be inspiring, engaging and exciting.
To find out more about the Returners Programme and apply, click here.