Location: London, Leeds, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh
Start date: Ongoing throughout the year
Opportunity: Upskilling training followed by supported hiring
Ready to re-join the workforce?
If you are ready to restart your career and have experience in business or technology, this could be the ideal opportunity for you. Whether it has been 1 year or 20 years, the FDM Returners Programme is dedicated to supporting professionals who have taken a career break on their journey back to work.
FDM Group is a global professional services provider focusing on IT. With centres located across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, the company currently has more than 3,800 consultants working with over 200 high profile clients. The Returners Programme facilitates the transition from a career break to the corporate world by providing award-winning training, mentoring and fast track career progression. It is an excellent way for returners to restart their careers.
As part of the programme, you will be provided with seven weeks of fully-funded comprehensive training to equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to continue your successful career. The training covers professional skills, project management, business analysis and Excel, with options to acquire certifications such as PRINCE2, and SCRUM Master. Once you have completed your training through one of their academies in London, Leeds or Glasgow, you will start working on exciting projects with leading clients. This role is perfect for you if you have a background in project delivery or business analysis.
The FDM Returners Programme offers you much more than just training and experience: you will also be provided with comprehensive support throughout. FDM’s expert teams, many of whom are returners themselves, understand how daunting it can be when you’re looking to return after a break and will be with you every step of the way.
FDM Returners x Amazon Web Services
FDM has recently teamed up with Amazon Web Services to create a completely new programme designed to equip you with Cloud fundamentals and AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification. The FDM & AWS re/Start collaboration offers fully-funded training in Project Management and Cloud, which will equip you with a highly sought-after knowledge base and skill set. The demand for Cloud specialists is high and is only set to increase.
The best part? No previous experience in Cloud is required for this role: FDM will provide you with all the training and skills you need.
Apply here for the FDM Returners x Amazon Web Services programme.
You can watch a video here telling you more about the FDM Returners Programme.
How can FDM support me as a returner?
At FDM, their people are their passion and that’s why they make your training, personal and career growth their priority. With their industry-relevant training and continuous support, you will embark on an exciting new career in technology or business.
As part of the programme, you will receive:
- Mentoring and networking opportunities to facilitate your transition back into business
- Fully-funded professional business and technical training in their London, Leeds or Glasgow Academies
- Opportunity to achieve relevant industry certifications
- A foot in the door with one or more of their prestigious clients
- Flexible training hours to help accommodate family commitments (9:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Fast-track career progression
- A competitive starting salary
FDM has firmly established itself as an inclusive employer that champions diversity in the workplace, and with over 80 nationalities working together as a team, they are proud to be leading by example:
- 31% of FDM’s global workforce is female
- c.38% of the senior management team at FDM identify as female
- – 9.6% median gender pay gap (UK average of 15.5% in 2020)
FDM have many initiatives to support and engage with their people continuously, such as wellbeing and mentoring programmes, employee networks, Consultant Peer Support and the Alumni Network to stay in touch even after leaving FDM.
You can read and hear about the experiences of FDM returners here:
For further information please see this FAQ
At the heart of their business remains their desire to launch the careers of people from many different backgrounds. They are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and they are committed to supporting and encouraging women to pursue a career in IT, which can be seen by their initiatives, partnerships and company policies:
- FDM is part of the Home Office’s ‘Think, Act, Report’ (TAR) initiative to drive greater transparency on gender employment issues
- The FDM everywoman in Technology Awards celebrates and rewards outstanding achievements
- FDM has signed the TechTalent Charter, underlining our commitment to increasing diversity in the workforce
- WomeninTech Employer Awards Female Grad Tech Employer of the Year 2019
- FDM has been recognised as a Top 75 Employer in the Social Mobility Index 2020 for our continued commitment to social mobility during the Covid-19 pandemic
As an FDM Consultant you will become a part of the FDM family from day one and will receive support to achieve success throughout your career. You will work alongside dedicated colleagues and will have the chance to get involved in social events, employee initiatives and reward schemes.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Apply now
Would you like to find out more about the programme and meet the team? – Attend an open morning
If you have any other questions about the programme, please don’t hesitate to contact FDM at firstname.lastname@example.org