Location: London, Glasgow, Leeds
Start date: Ongoing throughout the year
Programme: Supported hiring – training followed by 2 years’ client work
Ready to re-join the workforce?
Find out about FDM’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) preparations here
Returning to work after a career break can be a daunting experience, but the FDM Returners Programme is specifically designed to help with your transition. FDM believes that you can then return with the skills needed to help you make a positive impact on client site from day one.
The diverse community of FDMers includes a wide range of life experience, and they are proud to say that they are an inclusive employer with over 80 nationalities working together and a median gender pay gap of 0% for two years running, compared to a UK average of 18.1%.
On the Returners Programme you will receive seven weeks of commercially relevant business and technical training to refresh your existing knowledge and develop new skills to help you to regain confidence before returning to the corporate world. You will have the opportunity to gain industry recognised certifications to help you stand out from the crowd. Following your training, you will work with one or more of FDM’s market-leading clients for a minimum of two years, working on exciting projects that are crucial to the business. FDM’s people are their priority and they are passionate about placing returners into suitable roles with clients including Barclays, The Post Office, Save the Children and Virgin Media, to name a few. They provide full support and mentoring throughout your two years with us and beyond, as well as various networking opportunities – you’ll feel part of the FDM family from day one! After the two years, you can either transition permanently with the client, remain with FDM as a senior consultant or seek other opportunities elsewhere.
You will receive:
- Commercially relevant business and technical training in FDM’s state-of-the-art London, Leeds or Glasgow training centres (includes access to PRINCE2 and SCRUM Master certification)
- Flexible training hours of 9:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday during the seven-week training period, to help accommodate personal commitments
- Fast-track career progression to get you back into business
- Competitive starting salary
- Continuous support and development throughout your career journey
The FDM Returners Programme is not like any other, and they have start dates all year round. Visit their website to learn more: https://www.fdmgroup.com/careers/returners-to-work/
You can read and hear about the experiences of FDM returners here:
For further information please see this FAQ
What they’re looking for:
- Drive, commitment and a can-do attitude
- Previous experience in either project management, project support or business analysis
- A strong aptitude and interest in business
- The ability to commit to a two-year contract with FDM once the seven-week training period is complete (upon completion of two years, you can either go permanent with the client or stay with FDM as a senior consultant).
- Be able to work full time
FDM has firmly established itself as an inclusive employer that champions diversity in the workplace. There are over 80 nationalities working together as a team and around 50% of the management team are women. They are proud to have reported a median gender pay gap of 0% for two years running (compared to a UK average of 18.1%) and have been recognised as Diversity Employer of the Year at the Computing Women in IT Excellence Awards and Top Employer at the Working Mums Awards 2018. FDM highlights role models through the annual FDM Everywoman in Technology Awards and hosts events and networking opportunities worldwide, as well as granting achievement awards for exemplary work. You will discover from day one that your time with them will be inspiring, engaging and exciting.
If you have any other questions about the programme or wish to apply, please don’t hesitate to contact FDM at firstname.lastname@example.org or come along to one of their open evenings by registering here.