Programme: 6-month returnship, part of the Diversity Project: Cross Company Returner Programme
Start date: 25 April 2022
Apply by: 13 February 2022 (extended)
* Applications are now closed *
DWS Group (DWS) is a global asset manager with investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends and is delighted to be participating in the Diversity Project: Cross-Company 2021 Returner Programme. They are targeting individuals with a background across asset management or broader financial services who are looking to return to work after a career break of 18 months or more.
DWS can offer flexible working patterns.
What you can expect from the Programme
- The programme offers a paid placement of 6-months starting in April 2022, with the aim of a conversion to a full-time position at the end of the assignment
- You will receive coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace
- You will have access to a mentor and buddy to support you from day 1
- You’ll network with management while learning about the business and operations at DWS
- You’ll update your professional and technical skills and receive support and guidance you need to resume your career
- Peer to peer support internally with DWS and your wider cross-company cohort
What DWS is looking for
- Individuals with experience in Asset Management or wider financial services.
- Keen to work in an Agile environment, and comfortable with change
- You will have been at VP or Director level (or equivalent) before your career break
- You will be a team player with analytical, problem solving, planning and organisational skills
- Someone who is ambitious, who is always striving for improvement and wanting to make an impact
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills, with a core focus on client satisfaction both internally and externally
During your career break you may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
Opportunities on the Programme
Institutional Client Coverage
- You will be part of a UK coverage team that includes relationship managers, investment specialists, investment consultants and client service support groups. The position will primarily be acquiring new institutional clients as well as offering new solutions to existing institutional clients (pension, insurance companies and consultants)
- Organising and participating in meetings and events with both existing and potential clients
- On-boarding clients, providing relationship management to existing and new clients and managing client queries
Core Technology functions
- You will be joining one of our core Technology functions in a lead Engineering, Architect, DevOps, ITAO or Business Analyst role. You will be working alongside the Technology senior management to implement the current book of work with focus on maintenance or change initiatives.
- Depending on the specific role your key responsibilities may cover key areas such as cloud, data management, networks, EUC. system architecture, testing, app management, governance and many more.
IT Project Management
- You will be joining the Central Project Management Team of the Proteus Programme which leads the transformation of DWS to a stand-alone asset manager. You will be working in close collaboration with the Corporate Functions delivery team.
- Your key responsibilities will include driving the end-to-end planning and control of work streams under the Proteus programme
- Implementing governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of project deliverables
Cyber Resilience Operations
- DWS is transforming and growing it internal information and cyber security team, and you will be part of a team that supports strategic ownership of the DWS Group security operational capability and resilience.
- Define and maintain the cyber resilience and operation related policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures ensuring they reflect the current legal, regulatory and client requirements and threat landscape
- Responsibility for security incident and event management, threat intelligence, vulnerability management and application monitoring.
Building on more than 60 years of experience, DWS has a reputation for excellence globally, and is recognized by clients as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
Their diverse expertise as well as their deep environmental, social and governance focus – complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Their expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides their investment approach strategically.
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why they are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre, which will include training and development to help you excel in your career, flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities and coaching and support from experts in your team.
DWS is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available people regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Click here to see what they do
How to apply
To apply please click here. If you are unable to answer the pre-populated questions, please note N/A.
The closing date for the programme is 13 February 2022 (extended).
If you have any questions regarding the overall programme, contact email@example.com