Location: UK: London and Manchester opportunities
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start Date: 19 September 2022
Application Deadline: 10 June 2022
* Applications are now closed *
Following the success of dunnhumby’s returner programmes over the last two years, dunnhumby is continuing the partnership with Women Returners for the dunnhumby Returners Programme this year, designed to support talented professionals who have taken an extended career break to get back into the workplace.
dunnhumby is the world’s leading customer data science company; they exist to defy expectations, with over 30 years’ experience in Customer Data Science to help retailers and brands succeed by understanding and serving their customers better.
dunnhumby’s team of experts analyse data and apply insights from nearly one billion shoppers across the globe to create personalised customer experiences in digital, mobile, and retail environments. And they bring together smart people to create a rich company culture that is centred on the four values they are founded on: Passion, Collaboration, Curiosity and Courage. dunnhumby employs over 2,000 experts in offices throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas and works with a prestigious group of companies including Tesco, Walmart, Monoprix, Raley’s, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, McDonald’s and PepsiCo.
For more information, please visit www.dunnhumby.com.
Who is dunnhumby looking for?
dunnhumby celebrates talent from all areas – so they are looking beyond the traditional CV, for people who are technically-minded and who put customers at the heart of everything they do.
As a values-led business, dunnhumby is looking for people who share their values of passion, courage, collaboration and curiosity AND who are keen to contribute to their mission to empower businesses using their data science expertise.
dunnhumby is keen to hear from people who have had a career break of a minimum of two years, with experience in the following areas:
- Software Engineering (including Testers and Scrum Masters) – joining the software engineering team, you’ll work with highly talented and passionate people to develop world class customer data science products. You will be part of an agile delivery team who drive outcomes for dunnhumby clients
- Data Science – joining a market-leading, specialist data science team and using cutting edge technologies, you’ll analyse large data sets to simplify complex problems for their clients
- Technical Account Manager (TAM) – supporting all the technical engagements with their existing and prospective clients for dunnhumby product and services deployment
- Media Sales – join a customer-first media sales team to build trusted consultative partnerships with our clients, and create plans to support the engagement strategies for Tesco and other large retail brands using market leading data science
There could be many reasons for you taking time out; this may have been for childcare or eldercare, or to relocate. During your career break you may have been working on a part-time or freelance basis to fit around your other commitments or you may not have done any paid work for a number of years.
About the dunnhumby Returners Programme
- A paid 6 month returnship with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role
- Roles will be available across dunnhumby’s technology, science and media business areas detailed above
- You will receive coaching support from Women Returners to help you transition successfully back in to the workplace
- Ongoing support will be provided by dunnhumby’s internal programme managers and support team
- Flexible working options are available and warmly welcomed, including part-time working. dunnhumby believes that you will do your best at work if you have a work/life balance so dunnhumby requests you include these preferences in your application if they are important to you, along with any reasonable adjustments required.
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to Rosie Field on email@example.com
In your cover letter please indicate:
- which area(s) you are most interested in
- duration and dates of your career break
- your flexible working (including part-time) preferences
Apply asap. The deadline for applications is Friday 10 June 2022. dunnhumby anticipates that virtual interviews will be conducted from w/c 13 June and will be finished no later than 8 July 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact dunnhumby on firstname.lastname@example.org
dunnhumby have always been an adaptive, forward-thinking, and flexible business. They currently have a hybrid approach to work with a mix of working from the office and from home.