Location: UK: London and Manchester opportunities
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start Date for returnship: 3 October 2022
Application Deadline: 8 August 2022
Following the success of dunnhumby’s returner programmes over the last two years, dunnhumby is excited to continue the partnership with Women Returners to support talented professionals who have taken an extended career break to get back into the workplace.
dunnhumby is the world’s leading customer data science company; they exist to defy expectations, with over 30 years’ experience in Customer Data Science to help retailers and brands succeed by understanding and serving their customers better.
dunnhumby’s team of experts analyse data and apply insights from nearly one billion shoppers across the globe to create personalised customer experiences in digital, mobile, and retail environments. And they bring together smart people to create a rich company culture that is centred on the four values they are founded on: Passion, Collaboration, Curiosity and Courage. dunnhumby employs over 2,000 experts in offices throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas and works with a prestigious group of companies including Tesco, Walmart, Monoprix, Raley’s, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, McDonald’s and PepsiCo.
For more information, please visit www.dunnhumby.com.
dunnhumby is looking for: Data Scientists
Due to exciting shifts in their business, dunnhumby is looking for experienced data scientists (you may also have worked in customer insight analysis) to simplify complex problems for their clients.
Using statistical modelling techniques and technical languages to test algorithms and analyse large data sets, you will work in a passionate team of people to distil complex problems into compelling insights. dunnhumby prides itself on using the best of machine learning and human creativity to deliver effective and impactful solutions for clients.
The dunnhumby returner programme in data science is to fulfil a role needed in the business; whilst they provide support and training for your return to work, please note this is not a training programme or bootcamp so they do require expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Python, R, Matlab and/or Pyspark
- Working knowledge of databases, data analysis, statistical modelling and SQL
- Understanding, knowledge, and interest in creating retail and customers insight from data
There could be many reasons for you taking time out; this may have been for childcare or eldercare, or to relocate. During your career break you may have been working on a part-time or freelance basis to fit around your other commitments or you may not have done any paid work for several years.
If you previously applied for the dunnhumby returner programme in data science, and were unsuccessful, please note that your application was thoroughly considered and therefore we would not recommend re-applying.
About the dunnhumby Returners Programme
- A paid 6 month returnship with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role
- Roles are available in dunnhumby’s global data science teams
- You will receive coaching support from Women Returners to help you transition successfully back into the workplace
- Ongoing support will be provided by dunnhumby’s internal programme managers and support team
- Flexible working options are available and warmly welcomed, including part-time working. dunnhumby believes that you will do your best at work if you have a work/life balance so dunnhumby requests you include these preferences in your application if they are important to you, along with any reasonable adjustments required.
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to Stephanie Winson on email@example.com. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter
In your cover letter please detail:
- Your experience in data science, and/or customer insight and analysis
- Dates, duration and reason for your career break
- your flexible working (including part-time) preferences
- your reason for interest in the dunnhumby returner programme
Apply asap. The deadline for applications is Monday 8 August 2022.
dunnhumby anticipates that virtual interviews will be conducted from w/c 8th August and will be finished no later than 26th August 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact dunnhumby on firstname.lastname@example.org
dunnhumby have always been an adaptive, forward-thinking, and flexible business. They currently have a hybrid approach to work with a mix of working from the office and from home.