Location: UK: Hammersmith, London (virtual working anticipated at start)
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start Date: 20 September 2021
Application Deadline: 23 May 2021
Following the success of dunnhumby’s pilot returner programme in 2020 dunnhumby is excited to continue the partnership with Women Returners for the dunnhumby Returners Programme this year, designed to support talented professionals who have taken an extended career break to get back into the workplace.
dunnhumby invites you to their virtual Insight Event on 13 May to learn more about the programme. Please visit here no later than Sunday 9 May, if you would like to register for the event. To apply for the programme you do not need to attend the event.
dunnhumby is the world’s leading customer data science company; they exist to defy expectations using their 3000 years of combined Customer Data Science experience to help retailers and brands succeed by understanding and serving their customers better.
dunnhumby’s team of experts analyse data and apply insights from nearly one billion shoppers across the globe to create personalised customer experiences in digital, mobile, and retail environments. And they bring together smart people to create a rich company culture that is centred on the four values they are founded on: Passion, Collaboration, Curiosity and Courage. dunnhumby employs over 2,000 experts in offices throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas and works with a prestigious group of companies including Tesco, Monoprix, Raley’s, Macy’s, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, and PepsiCo.
For more information, please visit www.dunnhumby.com.
Who is dunnhumby looking for?
dunnhumby celebrates talent from all areas – so they are looking beyond the traditional CV, for people who are technically-minded and who put customers at the heart of everything they do.
As a values-led business, dunnhumby is looking for people who share their values of passion, courage, collaboration and curiosity AND who are keen to contribute to their mission to empower businesses using their data science expertise.
dunnhumby is keen to hear from people who have had a career break of a minimum of two years, with experience in the following areas:
- Software Engineering – working with new technologies, you’ll build critical infrastructure, powered by their world-class data science
- Data Science – joining a market-leading, specialist data science team and using cutting edge technologies, you’ll analyse large data sets to simplify complex problems for their clients
- Agile Coach/Scrum Master- you’ll help them build their next generation applications by providing expertise on Agile ways of working and enhancing their Agile ways of working
- Product Management – you’ll work on their market-leading products, leading scrum teams and owning the product roadmap
- User Experience (UX) Design – You will work in collaboration with dunnhumby’s product management team and will champion the use of research techniques and data analytics to ensure their product UX is designed to empower users to best achieve their goals in an intuitive and efficient way
There could be many reasons for you taking time out; this may have been for childcare or eldercare, or to relocate. During your career break you may have been working on a part-time or freelance basis to fit around your other commitments or you may not have done any paid work for a number of years.
About the dunnhumby Returners Programme
- A paid 6 month returnship with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role
- Roles will be available across dunnhumby’s technical business areas detailed above
- You will receive coaching support from Women Returners to help you transition successfully back in to the workplace
- Ongoing support will be provided by dunnhumby’s internal programme managers, internal mentors and employee buddies
- Flexible working options are available and warmly welcomed, including part-time working. dunnhumby believes that you will do your best at work if you have a work/life balance so dunnhumby requests you include these preferences in your application if they are important to you.
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to Rob Rendle on firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter please indicate:
- which area(s) you are most interested in
- duration and dates of your career break
- your flexible working (including part-time) preferences
Apply asap. The deadline for applications is Sunday 23 May 2021. dunnhumby anticipates that virtual interviews will be conducted week commencing 14 and 21 June 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Rob Rendle on email@example.com
dunnhumby is aware the situation with Covid-19 is ever-changing which may mean things need to be adjusted as they go along. However, dunnhumby ran a very successful pilot returner programme last year (run completely virtually) and are prepared to do so again. They are an adaptive, forward-thinking and flexible business, with the facilities for virtual onboarding and set-up.