Location: UK: London
Programme: 6-month returnship, part of the Diversity Project Cross-Company Returner Programme
Start Date: 24 April 2023
Apply by: 5 February 2023 (extended)
*Applications have now closed*
Northern Trust is delighted to participate in the Diversity Project Cross-Company Returner Programme for the second year, and looks forward to welcoming and supporting returner talent into their organisation.
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognised, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, they serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
What you can expect
- The programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, starting in April 2023, and the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the placement.
- You will receive internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor, buddy and Returner Coaching from Women Returners. As the coaching will be delivered as a cohort, you will benefit from a ready-made peer support group of other returners.
- Northern Trust will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days. They value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
About the roles
Northern Trust utilises innovative technology, deep expertise and personalized service to provide integrated solutions to their clients that keep pace with their needs and help them make more insightful business decisions.
They are looking for a Product Owner and an Integrated Trading Solutions Senior Relationship Manager to operate within a cross-functional product development team, most commonly following the AGILE scrum methodology.
The successful candidate will benefit from having
- Prior experience in the Financial Services industry
- Experience collaborating with executive stakeholders about business product strategy
- Experience in change management, business requirement gathering, and/or business user acceptance roles is required, preferably as a member of an AGILE scrum team
- Demonstrated experience managing large and complex programme implementations with multiple systems involved
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and non-verbal
- Demonstrated analytical skills that includes problem solving and risk mitigation
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
Working with Northern Trust
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities they serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
Northern Trust would love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with them and apply today. #MadeForGreater
How to Apply
To apply for the programme, please send your CV and cover letter to BR168@ntrs.com, with Northern Trust Returner Programme in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 5 February (extended).
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply to this programme.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com. Northern Trust hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with them. Northern Trust value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to them about your flexible working requirements.
If you have questions on the overall programme, please email email@example.com