Location: UK: London
Opportunity: 6-month cross-company returnship
Start date: 25 April 2022
Apply by: 6 February 2022
Join us the Diversity Project: Cross-Company Returner Programme Insight Event on 19 January (online, 9:30-12:30), by registering before 17 January here. (Note: you do not need to attend the Insight Event to apply for the Programme).
Following the success of our Cross-Company Returner Programme 2020 and 2021 in partnership with the Diversity Project, an industry-led initiative championing a more inclusive culture within the Savings and Investment sector, we are delighted to launch the third programme. For 2022, we are partnering with 12 leading employers: abrdn, AON, Aviva Investors, BNY Mellon, DWS, Fidelity International, Janus Henderson Investors, Ninety One Investment Management, Northern Trust, PGIM, Schroders and WTW.
The programme will run for 6 months in London and is expected to include hybrid working. It is targeted at experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break of 18 months or more (as at April 2022) who are interested in returning to a role in the Savings and Investment Sector.
How will you benefit from the programme?
- The programme offers a professionally paid placement with one of the participating organisations for 6 months, from April to October 2021. Positions are at a professional level with a wide range of roles and areas available.
- There will be a strong likelihood of a permanent role at the end of programme.
- You will receive internal mentoring and a buddy, together with coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace. As coaching support will be delivered centrally, you will benefit from a large supportive peer network of like-minded people across the organisations.
- The programme is expected to include hybrid working. Various flexible working options may be available during and after the programme depending on the employer organisation and the role.
Who are they looking for?
Individuals who have taken a career break of 18 months or more (as at April 2022). You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. Each company will have different additional criteria for the experience and skills they are looking for, according to the roles available.
What is the recruitment process?
- Stage 1: Send CV & cover letter to the company you are interested in using the links in each individual company advert
- Stage 2: (possible) Have a telephone screening interview
- Stage 3: The interview process will take place during February.
Information on previous programmes
In April 2020, 11 returners joined the pilot cross-company programme on a virtual 6-month placement with BlackRock, BNY Mellon, Fidelity International, Schroders and Willis Towers Watson. 82% of participants were offered ongoing employment with their employer.
In May 2021, 18 returners joined on 6-month placements with abrdn, Aviva Investors, BNY, Fidelity International, Janus Henderson, Schroders and Willis Towers Watson. 84% of participants secured ongoing employment with their employer.
From a returner perspective, here’s what they had to say about the programme:
“Returning to the corporate world after a break can be daunting and nerve-wrecking. The Returner Programme gives you that extra confidence and support you need to succeed. Not only is the coaching highly valuable, but the support from your peers who are going through the experience as your are is very reassuring. I highly recommend the programme to anyone thinking of picking up their career again.”
“Forever grateful that I chanced upon the Women Returners – Diversity Project programme. The support from Women Returners and the returner cohorts have been most invaluable in supporting this exciting yet daunting return to work journey. If anyone is thinking of returning to work after a career break, regardless of how long the break is, I can’t recommend this programme enough.”
About The Diversity Project
The Diversity Project is a cross-company employer-led initiative, which believes that there is an extraordinary opportunity to press the re-set button in the industry: to recruit, nurture and retain the first truly diverse generation of Savings and Investment professionals. Diversity is not only our social obligation, it’s a business imperative.
How do you apply to the programme?
Apply directly to the participating company you are interested in, via the links on the relevant company page below:
The closing date for applications is 6 February 2022 at 23:59.
For queries on specific company placements, please contact the individual company via the email on their advert.