Location: London (remote working expected initially)
Opportunity: 6-month cross-company returnship programme
Start date: 4 May 2021
Applications have now closed
Following the success of our Cross-Company Returner Programme 2020 in partnership with the Diversity Project, a cross-company initiative championing a more inclusive culture within the Savings and Investment sector, we are launching the partnership programme for the second year. Participating companies for 2021 are Aviva Investors, BNY Mellon, Fidelity International, Janus Henderson Investors, Legal & General, Schroders, Standard Life Aberdeen and Willis Towers Watson.
The programme will run for 6 months in London (expected to be remote working initially). It is targeted at experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break of 18 months or more (as at May 2021) who are interested in returning to the Savings and Investment Sector.
How will you benefit from the programme?
- The programme offers a professionally paid placement with one of the participating organisations for 6 months, from May to November 2021. Positions are at a professional level with a range of roles and areas available.
- There will be a strong likelihood of a permanent role at the end of programme.
- You will receive internal mentoring and a buddy, together with coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace. As coaching support will be delivered centrally, you will benefit from a large supportive peer network of like-minded people across the organisations.
- The programme is expected to start remotely. Various flexible working options may be available during and after the programme depending on the employer organisation and the role.
Who are they looking for?
Individuals with a financial services background who have taken a career break of 18 months or more (as at May 2021). You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. Each company will have different additional criteria for the experience and skills they are looking for, according to the roles available.
What is the recruitment process?
- Stage 1: Send CV & cover letter to the company you are interested in using the links in each individual company advert
- Stage 2: (possible) Have a telephone screening interview
- Stage 3: Attend a virtual cross-company interview day in February 2021. If you have applied to more than one company we will attempt to schedule your interviews on the same day, but this is not guaranteed.
More information about the 2020 programme
In April 2020, 11 returners joined the cross-company programme on a virtual 6-month placement with BlackRock, BNY Mellon, Fidelity International, Schroders and Willis Towers Watson. The programme has been hugely successful and 82% of participants have been offered ongoing employment with their employer on the programme.
From a returner perspective, here’s what they had to say about the programme:
“Returning to the corporate world after a break can be daunting and nerve-wrecking. The Returner Programme gives you that extra confidence and support you need to succeed. Not only is the coaching highly valuable, but the support from your peers who are going through the experience as your are is very reassuring. I highly recommend the programme to anyone thinking of picking up their career again.”
“Forever grateful that I chanced upon the Women Returners – Diversity Project programme. The support from Women Returners and the returner cohorts have been most invaluable in supporting this exciting yet daunting return to work journey. If anyone is thinking of returning to work after a career break, regardless of how long the break is, I can’t recommend this programme enough.”
About The Diversity Project
This cross-company initiative believes that there is an extraordinary opportunity to press the re-set button in the industry: to recruit, nurture and retain the first truly diverse generation of Savings and Investment professionals. Diversity is not only our social obligation, it’s a business imperative.
How do you apply to the programme?
Apply directly to the participating company you are interested in, via the links on the relevant company page below:
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2021 at 23:59 (extended).
Questions? See FAQs. If you have other questions on the programme itself please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries on specific company placements, please contact the individual company via the email on their advert.