Location: UK: Darlington, Daventry, Milton Keynes
Opportunity: 6-month returnships
Start Date: October 2023
Apply by: ASAP
Cummins, a global power leader, is running their RePower Program which is aimed at supporting candidates in STEM to get back to work after an extended career break. The RePower Program offers 4 roles across different teams.
Cummins Inc. is a global power leader with complementary business segments that design, manufacture, distribute and service a broad portfolio of power solutions. Their culture is one that believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. Cummins provides global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work alongside today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. Cummins believes in flexibility for you to explore your passions and make an impact through meaningful work within their diverse workforce.
Cummins innovates power solutions everyday people can rely on and they have done this for over 100 years.
Find out more on their website: Cummins
About the RePower Program
The Cummins Inc. RePower Program is a six-month paid returnship targeting returners who have been out of the workforce for at least two years. During your career break you may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years. The program supports re-engagement of skills through fulfilling work assignments: training, coaching, and development, and a sense of community and networking that cohorts provide. Their six-month hybrid, paid, and benefitted returnships provide an opportunity to use your specialist expertise, interests, and abilities on meaningful projects. Successful participants may be eligible for full-time employment opportunities upon completion of the program. Cummins is excited to get to know you and learn more about what powers you.
Cummins offers flexible working. It is important in realising that individuals all have different needs and that can easily be reflected in their flexible working philosophy. Roles on the RePower Program are hybrid working with each team deciding how often they meet in the office.
Who is the program aimed at?
The Cummins Inc. RePower Program offers opportunities across 4 roles:
- Electronics Engineer, Milton Keynes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in STEM. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering would be more relevant
- Critical problem-solving skills and issue resolution
- Interest in Automotive Engineering practices
- Ability to clearly communicate the appropriate level of technical information/issues/proposals
- Customer Engineering Technical Specialist, Darlington
- Ability to clearly communicate the appropriate level of technical information/issues/proposals with peers, management, and machine manufacturers, whilst maintaining confidentiality standards. The ability to consider both technical and commercial context is also important
- System engineering and good customer facing experience
- Good Test and data analysis skills, with a broad knowledge of engineering principle
- Bachelors Degree in STEM or equivalent technical discipline
- Test Systems Engineer, Huddersfield
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM – preferably with some software elements – electrical, electronics, control systems
- Decision quality and technical savvy
- Awareness of working in test labs – able to identify potential hazards
- Previous experience with software and programming would be beneficial
- Electronics Systems Product Specialist, Huddersfield
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or related STEM degree
- Be technically inquisitive, and good at problem solving and product failure mode avoidance
- A natural drive for results through quality decision making
- The ability to build networks and communicate effectively
How to apply
Cummins are looking for experienced professionals who are currently on a career break of 2+ years, and who are interested in returning to the workforce full-time. Each of the roles has its own requirements as listed above. You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
For more information on each of the roles and to apply, click on the relevant links below:
- Electronics Engineer
- Customer Engineering Technical Specialist
- Test Systems Engineer
- Electronics Systems Product Specialist
If you would like to see what is available outside of the UK, you can search here by country.
Cummins anticipate that successful candidates will be onboarded in October. If you have any queries, please contact : Bongani.firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with them: