Location: London, UK
Start date: 25 February 2021
Programme: 6 month returnship
Closing date for applications: 31 December 2020
This role is now closed for applications
Interested in re-entering the workforce and re-launching your career in a high performing organisation with a strong and differentiated culture that sees you as untapped Talent … read on.
Convex is a newly formed international specialty insurer and reinsurer founded by Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand. With operations in London and Bermuda, Convex occupies a unique position in the insurance industry combining unrivalled experience, reputation and a legacy free balance sheet.
Convex is focused on creating a positive environment for all Convexians (that’s what they call themselves) to learn, grow, have fun and do great work with people they like, trust and respect.
They live their values in every facet of their business: Earn our reputation; Straightforward and fair; Determined to improve; Inspired by opportunity; Enjoy being different
The successful applicants will join in specific critical roles within Convex, and will be supported to learn all areas of the business. They will be buddied up with another Convexian to assist them with their transition back to work and to enable them to ask all of those questions over a virtual coffee! A bespoke Career Returners Coaching Programme from Women Returners will provide ongoing support. Success is a shared goal for all Convexians.
Who are they looking for?
- Convex is seeking a talented professional for the role of Business Intelligence Analyst
- The role is a 6 month contract with full benefits. Starting February 2021 until September 2021, with continuation into a permanent role upon successful completion of the initial contract. Based in London, with ample opportunity to work from home.
- Convex have hired and successfully onboarded over 100 people during lockdown so don’t worry about that bit and everyone will start their roles based from home.
- Highly competitive salary & reward package. Including – 30 days holiday per annum, 10% pension employer contribution, 5 x life assurance, Private Medical for you and your dependants plus an enhanced suite of family friendly policies.
- All flexible working options are available – including part-time, compressed hours and job share. If you don’t see something that suits you, why not suggest an option for them to consider?
You will be
- Currently on a career break, for whatever reason, of at least 2 years (you are welcome to apply if, during your career break, you have done voluntary work or some personal ad-hoc consulting or project work)
- Interested in working for a company that actually embraces diversity of thought and sees the value of untapped talent – that’s you!
- Looking for a supportive re-entry back into the workforce where you become a valuable addition to the business
- Eligible to work in the UK and able to satisfy any regulatory requirements for the role if applicable
Ideally you will have
- Experience within Professional Services, Financial Services, Technology, Insurance or a directly relevant area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong creative problem-solving and analytical skills
At the end of the programme participants will be ready to take their next step in their career with the possibility of a permanent role as a Convexian.
To get an understanding of why Convex ‘enjoy being different’ drop into one of their informal sessions on 12 November and see for yourself (details of these sessions are above). Don’t forget most of their employees had not used a Macbook, Slack or Gmail before in the working world – most Convexians have recently been through this transition, which is why they understand how you feel and know how to get you through it!
Please apply here.
The closing date for your application is 31 December 2020. They look forward to speaking to you!
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com with ‘Convex Returners Question’ as the subject.