Location: UK: London
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start Date: February 2023
Apply by: 4 November 2022
*Applications are now closed*
Convex is an insurance company that enjoys being a bit different. They are innovative, creative and bring together the best of both worlds – unrivalled experience and reputation in the market place combined with a start up mindset. It’s a hugely exciting company to work for – it’s fast paced and encourages a growth mindset for all employees.
The Convex Returners Programme is for people like you, who are interested in re-entering the workforce and re-launching your career in a high performing organisation with a strong and differentiated culture. For 2023, they have opportunities in Audit and Risk, Underwriting, Analytics and Data.
Take a look at this video, where some of the Convex returners will tell you a bit more about the programme: Convex Returners Video.
About the Programme
Each role is a 6-month contract with full benefits and the intention to continue into a permanent role upon successful completion. Convex is based in London and open to flexibility.
They’ll buddy you up with another ‘Convexian’ to help you successfully transition back to work and you’ll take part in a Career Returners Coaching Programme from Women Returners for ongoing support. Convex also offers training to their managers to ensure they understand the challenges facing a returner, so they ensure you have the best possible experience as they recognise it can be a daunting time.
You’ll receive a highly competitive salary & reward package (including 30 days holiday per annum, 10% pension employer contribution, 5 x life assurance, Private Medical for you and your dependants plus an enhanced suite of family friendly policies).
Who is Convex looking for?
- Convex is looking for returners who are interested in continuing their career in Audit and Risk, Analytics, and Underwriting (Insurance).
- They are also looking for candidates who have strong skills in coding & analysing data, or are just generally strong with numbers, to work in their Stochastic Analytics team.
- And their Data team would love to hear from you if you have strong communication and prioritisation skills and have a basic understanding of coding and happy to learn more.
You will be:
- Currently on a career break for a variety of reasons of at least 2 years (you’re welcome to apply if, during your career break, you’ve done voluntary work or some personal ad-hoc consulting or project work)
- Eligible to work in the UK and able to satisfy any regulatory requirements for the role if applicable
Ideally you will have:
- Experience within Professional Services, Financial Services, Technology, Insurance or a directly relevant area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong creative problem-solving and analytical skills
More about Convex
Convex is an international speciality insurer and reinsurer with offices in London, Bermuda, US, Luxembourg and Guernsey. They have brought together some of the best, brightest and most experienced in the industry to create an organisation around the needs of their clients. They like to say they underwrite and over deliver!
They are focused on creating a positive environment when they want everyone to learn, grow, have fun and do great work with people they like, trust and respect
Modern. Open. Inspired. Joyful. From the words their people use to describe Convex, it’s clear that they’re different. Convex is a stimulating environment in which experts in their fields work together to challenge the status quo. That’s why everything about working there – from the culture they create to the equipment they provide – feels uniquely Convex.
How to Apply
To find out more about each area and to apply please use the links below:
Please apply ASAP, no later than 4 November 2022. Interviews will be held in November and offers made no later than early December.
The Convex team looks forward to speaking to you!
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com with ‘Convex Returners Question’ as the subject.