Location: Flexible with some travel to Guildford Head office required
Start Date: ASAP
Opportunity: Supporting Hiring into Permanent Role
Applications have now closed
A career gap shouldn’t be a barrier to realising your professional goals and aspirations
Allianz knows the value career returners bring to a business and is recruiting for a Senior Data Analyst to join the team. They are looking for a candidate from a background of data and either insurance or financial services, who has been out of the workplace for at least 2 years and is looking to step back into the workplace. You will be joining directly into a permanent role, with coaching and mentoring transition support provided.
About the Role and Support
Allianz is keen to welcome back experienced and talented professionals who can contribute to their focus on true customer centricity. You will have a base level of numerical competence, experience with some of the contemporary data management tools and have worked in a project environment setting or managing large items of work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and perform analysis and develop foundational data products that will help hundreds of staff in supporting Allianz’s customers, and influence the business strategy
- Be responsible for supporting the definition and implementation of Reference and Master Data initiatives as well as manage business rollout
- Drive a better understanding of the value of data with stakeholders and users and contribute to improvements in R&MDM data management and data quality
- Deliver hands-on analysis of datasets
- Drive a better understanding of the value of data with stakeholders and users and contribute to improvements in data management and data quality
- Build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders around the business in helping to create data driven solutions to business problems
- Work autonomously and within a highly skilled team to deliver both business process and technology enabled business change
All whilst you refresh your technical skills, continue your professional development and network with other returners and the wider business. You will be supported by bespoke coaching sessions from Women Returners and a business-based mentor from day 1, supporting your transition to be a member of the Allianz team.
Read Victoria’s story of returning to project management via Career Returners at Allianz here.
Who is Allianz looking for?
Successful candidates will ideally have:
- Base level of numerical competence – bachelor’s degree in a numerate, scientific or computing subject (e.g. Computer Science, Business analytics, Data Science, Maths, Economics, Physics)
- Experience with some of the contemporary data management tools (including Reference DM and Master DM modules), or confidence you will learn them fast
- Understanding of Data Management best practices and their practical application
- Experience working in a project environment or managing large items of work– ideally in the context of data
- Experience in presenting and stakeholder management
- An interest in developing new skills
- Great communication skills, team player, self-starter
- Organised, demonstrated strong work ethic, results driven and able to hit deadlines
Allianz aims to be the outstanding competitor in personal and commercial insurance in the UK, helping people and companies move on and up in business and life. Allianz is the 34th largest company in the world and has over 85 million customers in 70 different countries. There are over 4,500 people working in 22 offices across the UK. At Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions to meet their needs. They’re passionate about helping their customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
Allianz nurtures and invests in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with them. They offer a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and they provide an award-winning range of training, recognised by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards include a very successful night at the 2019 25th British Insurance Awards, picking up four trophies: General Insurer of the year, Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year, Business Sustainability / Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year and Transformational Deal of the Year (together with LV=)
To find out more about what it’s like to work for Allianz visit their website: Career Returners – Opportunities at Allianz Insurance
How to Apply
To apply please click on the following link and complete the online application form: Careers at Allianz – Allianz Insurance (peopleclick.eu.com)
Please apply as soon as possible as Allianz will commence processing CVs straight away.
****Following application please notify email@example.com stating that you have applied for a Returner role in order for the Allianz Returner team to support your application****
Please note that you will be supported thorough the recruitment process. The intended recruitment approach for successful candidates will include: an initial telephone conversation for you to find out more about Allianz and to discuss your background and break, followed by an interview.
Should you have any queries about the programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Data Analyst vacancy’ in the subject.