Location: UK: Scotland (delivered virtually)
Dates: January-February 2022 during school hours
Programme: Return-to-Work Coaching, Skills Training and Mentoring Programme
Closing date for applications: Apply ASAP (limited places available)
Turbo-Charge your Return to Work!
We’re excited to launch a fantastic free-of-charge support opportunity for Scottish women on career breaks of 6 months or more wanting to return to professional work. Benefit from tailored expert return-to-work coaching and skills training and connection with a like-minded peer group. Apply now as places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis (subject to eligibility)!
The Career Boost Accelerator Programme forms part of our Career Boost Scotland Programme funded by the Scottish Government.
About the Career Boost Accelerator
We have designed this comprehensive Programme to provide tailored support to address your practical and psychological barriers to returning to work and to develop your job search skills to make you return-to-work ready! Through individual needs assessment (both online and 1:1 discussions), we will work with you to understand what support you require to be ready for a return to professional level work, we will create your unique support plan and we will deliver tailored coaching and skills training modules, with the possibility of mentoring, to support you at each step of your journey,
The support will be delivered remotely via Zoom in small interactive groups, building a peer support network of like-minded individuals.
As the Programme is funded by the Scottish Government, there is no cost for attending but we do require your commitment to complete the programme and carry out final evaluation.
How will I benefit?
The programme has been designed to work with you to determine what support you require to help you return to professional level work following your career break. Your framework of support will include a selection of the following:
Coaching Modules (delivered by Women Returners Expert Coaches)
- Build your professional confidence
- Develop an optimal return to work mindset
- Clarify your career direction
- Identify your key strengths
Skills Training Modules (delivered by Women Returners Expert Coaches, with support from Flexibility Works)
- Understand how to write a compelling CV
- Learn how to create (or refresh) your LinkedIn profile following a career break
- Develop interview skills and know how to prepare for an interview
- Develop networking skills
- Create an action plan for your return to work
- Learn about flexible working – the current trends and information you need to know
- Receive mentoring support from an experienced professional
All participants will benefit from peer networking: meeting with other returners to create a return-to-work support network
What can I expect?
Following acceptance onto the programme:
- Successful applicants will complete an initial online needs assessment to determine your current stage of returning to work, the return-to-work challenges you are facing, and where you feel you most require support
- You will have a 1:1 meeting to discuss the results of your assessment and the opportunity to highlight any additional support required
- Women Returners will create an individual coaching support plan based on the results from your assessment and discussion
- You’ll have a 1:1 meeting to discuss your unique support plan, which may include signposting to other elements of support available through Skills Development Scotland
- You will attend a series of small group, interactive, online coaching and skills training workshops to support and accelerate your return to work
- You will be introduced to your mentor (if applicable)
Following the programme, you will complete a self evaluation to reflect on the support you have received and the progress you made with your return to work
Am I eligible?
To join our Career Boost Accelerator Programme you must meet the criteria set by the Scottish Government Women Returners Fund. You must be a women residing in Scotland and have been on a career break for 6+ months. You may have been working on a self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments or have not carried out any paid work for a number of years. Your career break could be for raising children, eldercare, redundancy, health, relocation, or any other reason. Applications are particularly welcomed from women from longer career breaks, rural areas, ethnic backgrounds and older age groups in line with the Scottish Government target areas.
Our Programme is aimed at women who wish to return to professional level work in any sector.
What is the timeline?
October & November 2021: Eligibility review, then if you are successful you will be asked to complete an online needs assessment
December 2021: 1:1 meeting, confirmation of your return-to-work support plan and a follow up 1:1 meeting
January & February 2022: Attend virtual small group and interactive coaching workshops, meet with your mentor (if applicable)
March 2022: Self evaluation and finalising your return-to-work plan
What is the application process?
Stage 1: Apply
We are now open for applications and places are limited! To apply for the Career Boost Accelerator Programme, please complete a short survey here to confirm your eligibility and fit for the programme. We will be reviewing applications regularly and will confirm your place in the programme within 2 weeks of your application. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis for those who meet the funding criteria above.
Stage 2: Assess
If you are successful, we send you a link to complete your online needs assessment.
With any questions on the Career Boost Accelerator Programme, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women Returners Programme is funded by the Scottish Government and administered by Skills Development Scotland.