Location: UK: London
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start Date: September 2023
Apply By: 9 June 2023
*Applications have now closed*
BlackRock is delighted to partner with Women Returners on their returner Programme, as they recognize talented professionals with different backgrounds and experiences bring a unique and valued perspective to BlackRock.
They are seeking experienced individuals who are client orientated and passionate about performance, who display collaborative and innovative mindsets, and bring an eclectic set of proficiencies to the workplace; prioritisation, analytical and organisational skills among others. Positions available at Associate, Vice President and Director level (business area dependent).
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for the programme.
About the BlackRock Returner Programme
The Returner Programme is designed to encourage and support a return to full-time work through a six-month paid returnship starting in September 2023. The returner programme acts as a feeder to full-time permanent employment (subject to individual performance and market conditions).
How they will support you:
- They will offer a variety of employee networks to help you integrate into the business and culture
- Provide a mentor and buddy for your day-to-day questions
- Provide coaching and peer support
To qualify for the program, participants must have the following:
- A career break of at least 24 months (no upper limit). During your career break you may have been working small-scale around other commitments or have not done any paid work.
- Prior experience in Investment Management or Financial Services
- Must be authorised to work in the UK
- Analytics & Risk – working with the investment teams to continually analyse, understand and manage the risk of the client’s portfolio in real time
- Business Management & Strategy – driving key initiatives and ensure coordinated delivery of their capabilities.
- Business Operations – working with teams across the organization to deliver a seamless investment management process.
- ETF & Index Investing – managing investment solutions involving multiple strategies and asset classes
- Investments – conducting market research and analysing specific investment opportunities which meet client needs
- Legal & Compliance – facilitating global business activities while protecting BlackRock from legal, regulatory, reputational, and related economic risk.
- Marketing & Communications – connecting people around the world with BlackRock’s purpose, brand, products, services and tools.
- Sales & Relationship Management – the single point of contact and the “face” of BlackRock to the client; commercialising our products & services to meet individual client needs.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, they offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Their hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to their culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of their people will always be their top priorities; they will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about their work environments.
At BlackRock, they are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Their clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without their smartest investment – the one they make in their employees. It’s why they are dedicated to creating an environment where their colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. They evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.
How to Apply
To apply to the BlackRock Returner Programme please click here
Your profile will be reviewed by the BlackRock Returner Programme committee and a recommendation to a specific business area will be made based on skill-set alignment and available headcount.
Hiring managers will then review your profile and where applicable, invite you to interview for their role; they will provide detail of the suggested position and if this is something that you are also interested in exploring then they can arrange the interview.
If you have a specific interest in one or more of the above business areas, please specify on your CV.
Application deadline – Friday 9 June 2023.