Start date: April 2021
Programme: 6 month returnship
Closing date for applications: 23 November 2020
Salary: Competitive package
After two hugely successful programmes in 2018 and 2019, the Bank of England is once again partnering with Women Returners to launch their Career Returners Programme for professionals who are looking to return to work after an extended career break.
About the Bank of England
The Bank of England is the UK’s central bank. Their mission is to promote the good of the people by maintaining monetary and financial stability. The Bank’s monetary policy objective is to deliver price stability and, subject to that, to support the Government’s economic objectives including those for growth and employment.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic fast paced environment at the cutting edge of market developments.
What you can expect
- The Career Returners Programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, starting in April 2021, and the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the assignment.
- There are roles on offer in the following areas:
- Prudential Regulation Authority: Supervision, Risk Specialists, Regulatory Operations – ideally you will have had previous financial services experience
- Financial Stability Strategy & Risk – you will have an interest in the work of the FPC and feel excited by the opportunity to contribute to ensuring that the UK financial system can serve UK households and businesses in bad times as well as good
- Monetary Analysis – ideally you will have a background in or related to economics
- Technology Directorate: you will have a background in a Technology based and/or project management role
- Roles will in normal circumstances be located in the Bank’s London offices at Threadneedle Street and Moorgate, however due to Covid-19 most staff are currently working remotely. This is being kept under review as the situation evolves.
- You will receive coaching support from Women Returners to help you transition successfully back in to the workplace.
- Flexible working options are available, including part-time working
Who they are looking for
The Programme is aimed at people who have had a career break of two or more years. You may have taken time out for childcare or eldercare, for relocation, or for other reasons. You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
For more information on the roles and what they are looking for in each of the areas please click on the relevant links below:
The Bank is absolutely committed to having an inclusive environment. They are keen to receive applications from all candidates who might be interested in working flexibly, including part-time working.
Join them, and together you’ll get the training, support and tailored working options you need to potentially build a lasting and impactful career within the PRA or the wider Bank.
How to apply
Please apply online using the relevant link below:
The application deadline for the programme is 23 November 2020.
If you have any questions please email Recruitment-PRA-Supervision@bankofengland.gsi.gov.uk (with ‘Career Returners’ in the subject box).