Location: UK: London
Programme: 6-month returnship, part of the Diversity Project Cross Company Returner Programme
Start Date: 18 September 2023
Apply by: 28 May 2023 (extended)
AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) is delighted to participate in the Diversity Project Cross-Company Returner Programme. Join AXA IM and you’ll be part of a mission to tackle some of the world’s most stimulating challenges, pushing boundaries and exploring fresh ideas to drive progress within this global asset manager. Their ambition is to be a leading responsible asset manager. AXA IM offers returnships across a variety of business areas.
What can you expect
- A professionally paid placement in London of 6 months starting in September 2023, with the possibility of an ongoing role at the end of the placement
- Coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace
- A mentor and buddy to support your return to work, professional development and help you to develop your internal professional network
- Opportunity to work in global teams within a growing business
- Hybrid working is available to all employees with teams and employees empowered to structure their remote work pattern. Further flexible working options are also available depending on the role
What are they looking for
To be eligible for the programme you must have a career break of 18+months (as at September 2023). You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
Equities Portfolio Manager – Healthcare
- Responsible for managing the AXA Framlington Healthcare Fund, one of the best known, longest running Healthcare Unit Trusts in the UK (AUM £600m)
- Take a leading role in building assets under management and assume primary responsibility for increasing the Fund profile internally and externally
- Role involves working as part of a truly collaborative team
- Must have dedicated healthcare equity market experience in developed markets
- Ideally healthcare equity market focus ex-therapeutics but this is not mandatory
- Ideally has portfolio management experience including a track record and evidence of building AUM however again not mandatory
- Experience with incorporating ESG into an investment view also valued but not mandatory
- Comfort in client facing role preferred but not required
Financial Controller – Private Debt – Commercial Real Estate
- Part of the Commercial Real Estate & Infrastructure Fund Management Controlling Group team of AXA IM – Real Assets
- Focus on the Loan Asset Management of loans in Germany across different real estate asset classes and risk profile (core to value add / development financings)
- Involved in monitoring the performance and the evolution of Commercial Real Estate German Debt investments from origination until their repayment. The main tasks include following up interest payments and nominal repayments, handling waivers from our borrowers in coordination with the Fund Management team, review of the loans’ performance through tracking of key financial covenants, review of asset valuations, update of cash flows and tenancy schedules and monitoring of operational aspects of the assets being financed such as capex programmes, ESG metrics
- Proven financial, analytical and organizational skills is required
- Essential languages: English and German (high proficiency required)
Banking and Accounts Payable Accountant
- Responsible for
- All banking functions for AXA IM including daily electronic bank payments, preparing daily/weekly cashflow forecasts, monitoring bank accounts’ floating balances and performing daily bank reconciliation for client money account
- Accurate and complete cost recording
- Production and distribution of reports
- Previous Experience in a Banking and Accounts Payable Team is required
- Knowledge of CASS and online banking systems is required
- Proficient system skills including MS Excel, and preferably CODA, RBS Bankline, HSBCnet and Connexis
About AXA IM
Their ambition is to be the world’s leading asset manager.
At AXA IM, their purpose, to act for human progress by investing for what matters, is central to every action they take as a business. As a responsible asset manager, they actively invest for the long-term to help their clients, their people and the world to prosper.
Their conviction-led approach enables them to uncover what they believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and core asset classes. They are already entrusted with €824 billion in assets (as of end of December 2022).
Working as part of the AXA Group, a world leader in financial protection, their team of over 2,600 people (as of end of December 2022) around the world combine a range of specialist skills and experience to best serve the needs of their clients.
The combination of responsible, active and long-term defines their investment philosophy, but also how they run their business, what underpins their clients’ partnerships with them, and what drives their people.
Empowering their people to drive progress.
As part of a responsible, progressive organisation, their people help to invest for what matters. Everyone in their diverse, global family shares this responsibility. Together their people push boundaries and drive forward ideas. Their people are willing to be bold and take the lead, using initiative and enterprise to create exceptional service. The kind of service that seeks to drive long-term prosperity for AXA IM’s clients, society and the world we live in.
AXA IM always aims to create an environment where everyone feels they belong, are included and can thrive.
How to Apply
For the Equities Portfolio Manager – Healthcare role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other roles, please click on the following links to apply:
- Financial Controller – Private Debt – Commercial Real Estate
- Banking and Accounts Payable Accountant
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for any of the roles.
If you have any further questions, please email AXA Investment Managers at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 28 May 2023 (extended).