Location: UK: Bristol, Norwich, Perth, York, London (limited opportunities)
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start date: 16 May 2023
Apply by: 20 February 2023
*Applications have now closed*
If you’re ready to return to work after a career break and you’re actively looking for your next challenge, then the Aviva Tech Returner Programme could be the answer.
After the success of last year’s inaugural programme, Aviva Tech is thrilled to launch the 2023 programme with opportunities in Change and Software Engineering. The Aviva Tech Returner Programme is for those who’ve had an extended career break of two or more years (as of January 2023). This is a tailored six-month programme, with potential to transition to a permanent role.
The opportunities if you’re a Tech Returner
Aviva is looking for people from a range of backgrounds, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Change and Transformation with roles available as Project/Programme Managers, Business Analysts and IT Service Managers
- Software Engineering/Software Development
About the Programme
- Aviva is offering a paid six-month returnship starting in May 2023, with the potential of a permanent role at the end.
- Change and Transformation roles will be offered at Aviva’s Bristol, Perth, Norwich and York offices, with limited opportunity for roles in London.
- Software Engineering/Software Development roles will be based in their Norwich office.
- Aviva flexes hours and working patterns to suit its customers, business, and you. Most people are smart working – spending around 50% of their time in their offices every week, combining the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues. This means 2 days per week regularly in the office for colleagues who work 5 days
- You’ll collaborate with lots of forward-thinking people – working alongside, sharing ideas with, and learning from the best in the business. You’ll also enjoy the support of your peers on the returner programme
- You’ll get to work (and play) with all the latest tech and be involved in some fascinating initiatives to make life better for their customers or colleagues. Nothing beats the buzz of seeing a project you’ve worked on save a colleague valuable time or put a smile on a customer’s face
- You will get internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor and buddy and specialised returner coaching from Women Returners
- As well as a market competitive salary, Aviva offers 29 days holiday (full year entitlement), with the option to buy up to another 5 days
- You’ll benefit from a generous defined contribution pension scheme and up to 40% discount for some Aviva products
Shauna, one of Aviva’s tech returners says this about her experience: I was so fortunate to get an Aviva Returner role because of all the support that I have received. We had an amazing introduction from the Programme Managers and several workshops from Women Returners, which were invaluable for building up confidence when going back to work. I have amazing support from my line manager, task manager and my buddy. I also developed great relationships with my fellow returners. From day one, I felt valued and looked after as an Aviva employee and would highly recommend Aviva Tech Returners.
Aviva is the UK’s leading Savings, Retirement, Investment, and Insurance business. Aviva exists to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. This is an organisation with a purpose, and they are looking for people who want to get involved to make a difference, to do everything they can today to build a better tomorrow.
Aviva is proud to be different. Proud to be a diverse mix of cultures, genders, ages, perspectives, and ideas. No matter who you are, where you’re from or what your interests are, you can be sure there’s a place for you at Aviva.
Aviva gives passionate people the opportunity to shape things. Create things. To shake things up. They give them work that’s as rewarding as it is challenging. And they trust them to deliver the results they need. Everyone has a say in how the business is run. And if they see something Aviva is already doing that could be done better, they’re always ready to listen.
In addition to relevant experience and expertise Aviva wants to meet people who embody their values of care, commitment, community, and confidence. These make Aviva better at helping its customers, and better at contributing to a sustainable future. Find out more about working at Aviva here.
To apply, choose from the areas below. If would like to be considered for multiple options, please submit an application for each area you are interested in.
Tech Returner – Project Manager
Tech Returner – Business Analyst
Tech Returner – IT Service Manager
Tech Returner – Software Engineer
Aviva’s recruitment team will contact you after the closing date, 20 February. Interviews will take place during February and March, with offers of employment being made by the end of March. Successful applicants will need to be able to start in a role on Tuesday 16 May.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Aviva Tech Returner Programme Query” as the email subject.