Programme: 6-month returnship, part of the Diversity Project: Cross Company Returner Programme
Start date: 4 May 2021
If you’re ready to return to work in the investment sector after a career break and you’re actively looking for your next challenge, then the Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme could be the answer. After the success of last year’s programme, Aviva is excited to run the programme for a second year, with potential opportunities targeting experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break of 18 months or more. They are fully committed to agile working and are happy to explore flexible working options with any applicant.
The Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme is a tailored six month initiative for finance professionals with the strong likelihood of permanent employment at the end of the programme.
What you can expect
- The programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, starting in May 2021, and the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the placement
- They are looking at experienced level positions across a number of their business areas. Roles will be in London / remote working.
- Whether you are looking for a different working pattern, working from home or part time, Aviva Investors is happy to work with you. They are open to discuss your flexible working requirements, and could look to locate you within a business team that suits your working pattern as an individual
- You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative, team environment within a growing international business, and enjoy the support of your peers on the programme
- You will receive internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor and buddy and specialised returner coaching
What Aviva Investors would like from you
Aviva Investors is looking for people who have a background in Financial Services or Asset Management, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Investment Specialists
- Investment Solutions, Responsible Investment specialists, Client Solutions.
- Liquid Investment Operations
- Fund Accounting
- Portfolio /Fund Management
- Portfolio Analytics
- Real Estate Finance and Asset Management
- Portfolio manager/fund managers
- Research/Strategists across Multi Asset& Macros, Fixed Income, Equity
- Product Specialists/Investment specialists
- Highly collaborative people with the ability to build effective relationships
- Commercially astute people who put the client at the forefront of everything they do
- Excellent communicators
- Effective executors who can show initiative and accountability
- People who are able to look to the future, challenge the status quo and make decisions
- Previous experience working within a financial services environment, ideally, but not essentially within Asset Management
More about Aviva Investors
Aviva Investors is an asset management company, part of the Aviva group, with global assets under management of over £457 Billion, including equities, fixed income, investment solutions, multi-asset, and property investments.
The future is full of questions. They believe in the power of integration to defy uncertainty, creating opportunity and providing investors with confidence in their investment decisions and outcomes. They integrate the whole business around our investors – the outcomes they want and the values they hold. They bring broad and deep asset management expertise across all major asset classes, and a distinct combination of insurance heritage and investment capabilities.
Responsibility is built into everything they do. Doing the right thing for their people, clients and their investments is fundamental to their legacy and long-term success. Acting and investing responsibly makes financial sense and helps create a sustainable future for us all.
Aviva Investors only sees talent. By actively identifying, nurturing and rewarding people’s unique skills, they build a better working environment and a more effective and innovative service.
They believe a company that doesn’t welcome new ideas, skillsets, beliefs, cultures and ethnicities from different sectors cannot grow or adapt to global challenges. To them, the greater the diversity, the greater the business.
To encourage inclusivity in the investment industry, they are proud to be part of The Diversity Project, which aims to achieve diversity across gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, age and disability. Their CEO, Euan Munro, sits on the advisory board and they are active members.
They believe that gender diversity is important for morale, productivity and performance across their business. They have introduced equalised maternity and paternity leave across their organisation.
How to apply
To apply please click on the relevant link below:
Aviva Investors Return to Work – Real Assets (Fund Accounting, Portfolio /Fund Management, Portfolio Analytics, Real Estate Finance and Asset Management)
Aviva Investors Return to Work – COO (Liquid Investment Operations, Client Reporting, Fund Accounting)
Aviva Investors Return to Work – Global Solutions (Investment Solutions, Responsible Investment specialists, Client Solutions)
Aviva Investors Return to Work – Front Office (Investment Specialists, Portfolio /Fund Management, Research/Strategists across Multi Asset& Macros, Fixed Income, Equity, Product Specialists/Investment specialists)
The closing date is 31 January 2021 (extended). All applications will be reviewed and applicants invited for interviews from mid February 2021. Offers will be made in March, with the programme starting in May 2021.
To find out more, or if you have any further questions, please email Aviva Investors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With any questions on the Diversity Project Cross-Company Programme, please email email@example.com