Programme: 6-month returnship, part of the Diversity Project: Cross Company Returner Programme
Start date: 25 April 2022
Apply by: 13 February 2022 (extended)
* Applications are now closed *
If you’re ready to return to work in the investment sector after a career break and you’re actively looking for your next challenge, then the Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme could be the answer. After the success of last year’s programme, Aviva Investors is excited to run the programme for a fourth year, with potential opportunities targeting experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break of 18 months or more. They are fully committed to agile working and are happy to explore flexible working options with any applicant.
The Aviva Investors Return to Work Programme is a tailored six-month initiative for finance professionals (with the potential to lead to more permanent opportunities).
What you can expect
- The programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, starting in April 2022, and the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the placement
- They are looking at experienced level positions across several their business areas. Roles will be in London
- Whether you are looking for a different working pattern, working from home or part time, Aviva is happy to work with you. They are open to discuss your flexible working requirements, or potential term time working patterns to support family and working life. The business is flexible for the right talent and will consider working patterns for individuals
- You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative, team environment within a growing international business, and enjoy the support of your peers on the programme
- You will receive internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor and buddy and specialised returner coaching
What Aviva would like from you
Aviva is looking for people who have a background in Financial Services or Asset Management, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Liquid Markets (Credit: Equity and ESG Impact Investing)
- Real Asset Investments (Real Estate, Infrastructure or Private Debt)
- Global Sales and Distribution (Client Sales and Relationship Management across Institutional, Wholesale, Global Financial Institutions or Defined Benefits)
- Global Product Strategy and Product Investment Specialists
- Highly collaborative people with the ability to build effective relationships
- Commercially astute people who put the client at the forefront of everything they do
- Excellent communicators
- Effective executors who can show initiative and accountability
- People who are able to look to the future, challenge the status quo and make decisions
- Previous experience working within a financial services environment is preferable however within Asset Management is not a prerequisite
More about Aviva Investors
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes, including Fixed Income, Equity, Sustainable Investing, Investment Solutions and Property Investments. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – they are uniquely positioned to combine their insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
The future is full of questions. They believe in the power of integration to defy uncertainty, creating opportunity and providing investors with confidence in their investment decisions and outcomes. That’s why they integrate their whole business around their clients – the outcomes they want, the values they hold, the experience they’ll have when they invest with Aviva. Their unique approach centres around the following:
At Aviva Investors they are people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. They bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of how they all work. They love people who do the right thing for their customers, and their colleagues. They want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
Aviva only sees talent. By actively identifying, nurturing, and rewarding people’s unique skills, they build a better working environment and a more effective and innovative service.
They believe a company that doesn’t welcome new ideas, skillsets, beliefs, cultures, and ethnicities from different sectors cannot grow or adapt to global challenges. To them, the greater the diversity, the greater the business.
To encourage inclusivity in the investment industry, they are proud to be part of The Diversity Project, which aims to achieve diversity across gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, age and disability. Their CEO, Mark Versey, sits on the advisory board and is the Aviva Investors Chair for the Diversity & Inclusion.
They believe that gender diversity is important for morale, productivity, and performance across their business. They have introduced equalised maternity and paternity leave across their organisation and have a coaching programme for mothers and fathers taking leave.
A female returner from 2021 programe quoted:
The training we received from the Aviva Investors programme manager gave us the tools to re-enter the workplace more confident and empowered. Transitioning back to work after a career break is not easy, however doing it through the Diversity Project gave me the opportunity to share the journey amongst a pool of very smart and talented women, who provided invaluable support throughout the process.”
How to apply
Please click on the following link to apply:
All applications will be reviewed, and successful applicants will be invited for interviews during February with offers of employment being made in March.
Applications close on 13 February 2022 (extended).
If you have any further questions, please email Aviva Investors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions on the overall programme, please email email@example.com