Location: UK: Bristol, London, Norwich, Sheffield, Perth and York
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Start date: January 2023
*Applications have now closed*
If you’re ready to return to work in after a career break and you’re actively looking for your next challenge, then the Aviva Group Returner Programme could be the answer. After successfully running a returner programme within the Aviva Investors business for three years, and having launched an Aviva Tech Programme in 2022, Aviva Group is now thrilled to offer a similar programme across a number of its UK teams: Finance, General Insurance, Health, Wealth and Change Management.
The Aviva Group Returner Programme is for those who’ve had an extended career break of two or more years. This is a tailored six-month programme, with potential to transition to a permanent role, for those who are keen to restart their career.
The opportunities in Aviva Group
Aviva is looking for people from a range of backgrounds, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Finance – financial reporting, actuarial, accountancy, audit and risk
- General Insurance – claims, underwriting & pricing, broker relationships, legal.
- Health – distribution, planning, quality assurance, team leader.
- Wealth – investment, fund management, propositions.
- Change Management – project management, business analysis, data analysis.
About the Programme
- Aviva is offering a paid six-month returnship starting in January 2023, with the potential of a permanent role at the end
- Roles will be based across Aviva’s key locations: Bristol, London, Norwich, Sheffield, Perth, York
- Aviva flexes hours and working patterns to suit its customers, business, and you. Most people are smart working – spending around 60% of their time in the offices and 40% at home
- You’ll collaborate with lots of forward-thinking people – working alongside, sharing ideas with, and learning from the best in the business. You’ll also enjoy the support of your peers on the returner programme
- You’ll get to work (and play) with all the latest tech and be involved in some fascinating initiatives to make life better for our customers or colleagues. Nothing beats the buzz of seeing a project you’ve worked on save a colleague valuable time or put a smile on a customer’s face
- You will get internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor and buddy and specialised returner coaching
- As well as a market competitive salary, Aviva offers 29 days holiday (full year entitlement), with the option to buy up to another 5 days.
- You’ll benefit from a generous defined contribution pension scheme and up to 40% discount for some Aviva products
A returner from the Aviva Investors programme said: “The training we received gave us the tools to re-enter the workplace more confident and empowered. Transitioning back to work is not easy, however this programme gave me the opportunity to share the journey amongst a pool of very smart and talented women, who provided invaluable support throughout the process.”
Aviva is the UK’s leading Savings, Retirement, Investment, and Insurance business. Aviva exists to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. This is an organisation with a purpose, and they are looking for people who want to get involved to make a difference, to do everything they can today to build a better tomorrow.
Aviva is proud to be different. Proud to be a diverse mix of cultures, genders, ages, perspectives, and ideas. No matter who you are, where you’re from or what your interests are, you can be sure there’s a place for you at Aviva.
Aviva gives passionate people the opportunity to shape things. Create things. To shake things up. They give them work that’s as rewarding as it is challenging. And they trust them to deliver the results they need. Everyone has a say in how the business is run. And if they see something Aviva is already doing that could be done better, they’re always ready to listen.
In addition to relevant experience and expertise Aviva wants to meet people who embody their values of care, commitment, community, and confidence. These make Aviva better at helping its customers, and better at contributing to a sustainable future. Find out more about working at Aviva here.
Apply for the Programme before Friday 21 October 2022. Click on the relevant link below to apply for the career pathway that is most aligned to your skills, experience, and career preferences:
Interviews will take place during November, with offers of employment being made during December and a start date in mid January 2023
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com with “Aviva Returner Programme Query” as the email subject.