Location: Canada: Ontario (Markham/Toronto/Oakville)
Opportunity: 6-month returnship
Programme Start Date: January 2023
Apply by: 31 October 2022
*Applications have now closed*
Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are Aviva’s Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
If you’re ready to return to work after a career break and actively looking for your next challenge, then the Aviva Canada Returner Program could be the answer. The Aviva Canada Returner Program is for those who’ve had an extended career break of one or more years. This is a tailored 6-month program starting in January 2023, potentially transitioning to a permanent role for those keen to restart their career.
Roles will be based across Aviva’s key locations in Ontario: Markham, Oakville, and Downtown Toronto. Aviva flexes hours and working patterns to suit its customers, business, and you. Most people are working in a hybrid fashion – spending some of their time in the offices and some at home.
What you’ll bring
Aviva is looking for people with five or more years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Data Science
- Commercial Underwriting
- Surety Underwriting
You need to have the right to work in Canada to attend the event and apply for the program.
- Highly collaborative people with the ability to build effective relationships
- Customer focused people who put the client at the forefront of everything they do
- Excellent communicators
- Effective executors who can show initiative and accountability
- People who are able to look to the future, challenge the status quo and make decisions
- Aviva is open to individuals with any experience within a financial services environment.
What you’ll get
- A 6-month professional placement, with the possibility of a permanent role at the end
- Internal and external support to help you transition successfully into the workplace, including a mentor, buddy, and specialized returner coaching from Women Returners
- Compelling rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities
- Vacation package starting at 4 weeks
- Outstanding Career Development opportunities
Apply by 31 October for the Program on Aviva Canada’s Career Site using the relevant link:
- Aviva Canada Returner Program – Data Science
- Aviva Canada Returner Program – Commercial/Surety Underwriting
Interviews will take place during November, with employment offers during December and a start date in January.
If you have questions, please email Renata Scime on firstname.lastname@example.org with “Aviva Canada Returner Program Query” as the email subject.
Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability upon employment commencement, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner to arrange appropriate accommodation. This process applies throughout a career with Aviva Canada.