Location: UK: London
Programme: Supported hiring into permanent roles, part of the Diversity Project Cross-Company Returner Programme
Start date: 24 April 2023
Apply by: 5 February 2023 (extended)
*Applications have now closed*
If you want to take the first step back into industry after an extended career break, Aon’s Return to Work Programme may be the springboard you need. They are seeking enthusiastic and experienced individuals who they can support on their journey back to the workplace. At Aon, they prioritise high quality talent, so they are happy to discuss your skills, interests and needs to find the right role and working style for you.
AON is delighted to partner with Women Returners and the Diversity Project for a second year to participate in this programme and they have opportunities within their retirement and investment business areas.
What you can expect
- The programme offers a permanent role starting in April 2023.
- They have roles available in a number of specialisms, giving you the opportunity to split your time across business areas that best match your experience, skills and interests.
- These roles are available in their London office but if you need to flex your working pattern do let them know. Aon offers flexible and agile working policies, including part-time opportunities from day one, and they’re happy to discuss different options with you.
- In response to changing working patterns they have developed a completely virtual onboarding programme, alongside their existing in-person programme, that will allow you to get up to speed and integrated in whichever work environment suits you.
- In addition to their traditional onboarding process, you will receive internal and external support to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace, including a mentor, buddy and Returner Coaching from Women Returners. As the coaching will be delivered as a cohort, you will benefit from a ready-made peer support group of other returners.
You bring skills and expertise
Aon is looking for people who have
- A background in the Investment industry with previous experience in areas such as consulting, fund management or banking firm, involved in investing for, or advising on asset pools.
- An understanding of the main asset classes and different investing styles (e.g. active/passive), how asset classes interact and the role they can play in meeting investment objectives)
- Relevant investment qualifications (for example you may be part or fully qualified in a relevant professional qualification (e.g. IMC, CFA, FIA etc.) note that this is not a requirement
…it is more important that you
- Have strong interpersonal skills and experience of interacting with a diverse range of clients and colleagues
- Can identify problems and are proactive and creative in identifying solutions to help clients make better decisions
- Are passionate about delivering a first class experiences to clients
- Can effectively manage relationships and processes
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understand Aon’s offering or have a willingness and passion to learn.
Aon is looking for people who have a background in Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit Pensions with previous experience in areas such as:
- Traditional Trustee or Corporate actuarial consulting
- Pension scheme governance, management, or administration
- Risk settlement/transfer
- Member options
- GMP equalisation
- Project management
Strong candidates will
- Be passionate about delivering first class client experiences to multiple clients within agreed financial and time budgets.
- Be able to effectively manage relationships and processes.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a willingness to learn about Aon’s products, people and tools
You may also be part or fully qualified in a relevant Professional qualification (e.g. APMI, FIA etc.) although this is not a requirement.
The programme is open to individuals who have taken a career break of 18 months or more (as at April 2023). You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organisation, they are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and are passionate about helping colleagues and clients succeed.
How Aon support their colleagues
In addition to their comprehensive benefits package, Aon encourages a diverse workforce. Plus, their agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. Aon offers a variety of working style solutions, but also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and are all for it. Aon calls this Smart Working!
Their continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon provides individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How to apply
To apply for roles please follow this link.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply to the programme.
The closing date is 5 February 2023 (extended).
To find out more, or if you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With any questions on the Diversity Project Cross-Company Programme, please email email@example.com