Location: UK (London/virtual location) and USA
Start date: Ongoing, on a monthly basis
Programme: Permanent supported hire & returnship opportunities; flexible working available
Looking to return to work? Come and build the future with AWS
Are you ready to relaunch your career after an extended break? If you have been out of the workforce for two or more years, and are looking to return to work, then AWS’s program could be the perfect fit.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Returners Program recruits into a variety of roles globally and is designed to support individuals with a seamless transition back into a permanent position, providing all the skills and knowledge needed for success.
This kind of program isn’t exactly commonplace in the working world, but at AWS they have their own way of doing things. AWS is a place where thousands of different personalities with the same customer obsession come to turn can’t-be-done into done.
Roles are updated on a rolling basis. This is a snapshot of the UK roles where Amazon is currently welcoming returner applications:
- Account Executive, UK
- Sales Manager, UK
- Enterprise Service Manager, UK
- Engagement Manager, UK
What does the AWS Returners Program offer?
- A global environment – An opportunity for you to work with the world’s leading cloud technology, and with talented people from every corner of the globe.
- Permanent and returnship offering – AWS is committed to hiring Returners into an option of long-term permanent roles, or returnships which may lead to permanent roles. Opportunities will vary by location.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is key in maintaining work-life harmony. As a Returner, your manager will work with you to establish the best and most productive use of your time.
- Returners support framework – AWS understands that coming back to work after an extended break can come with challenges. The Returners Program will provide you with robust on-boarding and coaching sessions in your first 6 months. You will also be partnered with a peer coach who will help ease your transition back into work. Your manager will guide you through your development and provide the necessary functional training to bring your skills up to speed.
- Great benefits – The perks of being an Amazon employee don’t stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. Amazon’s benefits support the needs of their diverse workforce and their family members, no matter what stage they are at in their life or career. See more here.
As an AWS Returner you will:
- Bring your voice. At AWS they value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each employee is able to contribute fully.
- Accelerate your growth. The scope and scale of what AWS does for their customers drive them to experiment with new possibilities, take risks and learn quickly.
- Chart your own path. The possibilities you explore and the impact you have is driven by your own ideas, initiative and ambition.
- Embrace the challenge. At AWS building the future is inspiring and fun and they embrace the challenge that comes with inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible.
- Use Amazon’s Leadership Principles every day. Whether discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem, the Leadership Principles are just one of the things that makes Amazon ‘peculiar’.Learn more about Amazon’s Leadership Principles here.
Learn more about AWS and the great work they do by visiting aws.amazon.com.
How to apply for the Program
Please visit the global AWS Returners website to find out more about the Returners program and browse current open vacancies. Below is a snapshot of the roles Amazon is currently hiring returners for within the UK – click through for more details and to apply:
Should you apply, please mention that you were directed to the AWS opportunity via Women Returners (you can mention this either on a covering letter and/or in conversations with AWS recruitment teams).
If you have any queries about the programme please email the AWS team on email@example.com