Location: UK: Edinburgh with hybrid working and possible remote working
Opportunity: 6-month cross-company returnship, (part of the Return to Tech Scotland Programme)
Start Date: 30 January 2023
Apply by: 13 November 2022 (extended)
*Applications have now closed*
Aegon is partnering with Women Returners to launch their very first Returner Programme. If you’re ready to return to work in the Technology sector after a career break and you’re actively looking for your next challenge, then the Aegon’s Tech Returner Programme could be your answer.
This is a tailored 6-month programme, with potential opportunities for permanent employment at the end of the programme, for those who are keen to restart their career in Technology.
People are living longer than ever before, and they are excited by the opportunities this brings. As a purpose-led business, Aegon are focused on supporting their customers as they navigate through new stages of their lives and all the moments that matter. They are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on the planet and leave it a little better than they found it – however grand or humble their ambitions. Working at Aegon, you’ll play an important part in helping achieve this. They have three behaviours that are central to how they operate as a team and a business: they step up, they tune in and they’re a force for good.
What you can expect from the Programme
- The programme offers a professionally paid placement of 6 months starting in January 2023
- You’ll collaborate with lots of forward-thinking people – working alongside, sharing ideas with, and learning from the best in the business. You’ll also enjoy the support of your peers on the returner programme
- In addition to the Career Returners Coaching Programme support you will receive from Women Returners, Aegon will partner you with a professional mentor and buddy to support your return to work, professional development and help you to develop your internal professional network.
What they are looking for
Aegon is looking for people who have a background in Technology, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Project Management
- Scrum Masters
- Business Analysts
- Solution Analysts
- Software Development
- Solution Architecture
How they look after you
Outside of a competitive salary, working with them comes with a range of benefits that you can access from day one, including:
- Non-contributary pension between 8-12% dependant on age
- Life assurance cover
- Private medical cover and health assessments
- Access to Peppy – a digital health app for employees of all genders with a range of support covering areas such as general health, menopause, fertility, baby etc
- Critical Illness cover
- A suite of enhanced parental leave policies to support you in the moments that matter
- Holiday trading
- Private GP appointments with Doctor at Hand
- Cycle2Work scheme
- 2 paid days per year for charitable volunteering
- Employee wellbeing is key to their culture. They offer a range of online classes to support this, including yoga and meditation
They champion a collaborative, supportive working environment where you’ll have the opportunity to develop yourself and your career in a way that works for you. Their reward programmes encourage peer-to-peer recognition, and they offer a discretionary annual bonus dependent on company and individual performance.
How to apply
To apply for please click on the relevant link below:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact KatieMairi.King@aegon.co.uk
If you have any questions on the overall programme, please contact email@example.com
The Women Returners Programme is funded by the Scottish Government and administered by Skills Development Scotland.