Programme: 6-month returnship, part of the Diversity Project: Cross Company Returner Programme
Start date: 25 April 2022
Apply by: 13 February 2022 (extended)
* Applications are now closed *
abrdn is delighted to partner with Women Returners in supporting this exciting cross-company programme in London for a second year.
abrdn is one of the world’s largest investment companies, built on a long standing culture of caring about the future and making a positive impact. Together they invest for a better future. They do it to make a difference to the lives of their clients and customers, their employees, society and their shareholders. Their strategy is to build a vibrant and value-creating purpose-led organization, with the current and future needs of their stakeholders at the heart of all they do.
How will you benefit from the programme?
- Professionally paid placement of 6 months, from April to October 2022. Positions are at a professional level with a range of roles and areas available
- Joining abrdn will give you the opportunity to expand your professional network, through working with highly hardworking professionals across the business.
- As well as on the job learning, as a abrdn employee you will have access to a wealth of learning and development resources. You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved with abrdn’s many employee-led networks, such as the Women’s Development Network and Carers Network, providing a sense of community support within the organisation.
- They hope to be in a position to explore longer term opportunities following on from the programme, where this is not available within your team we will support you in applying for other internal roles
- You will receive internal mentoring and a buddy, together with coaching support from Women Returners to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace.
- As coaching support will be delivered centrally, you will benefit from a large supportive peer network of like-minded people.
- The roles will offer blended working between home and our London office (subject to Covid restrictions).
- abrdn is happy to discuss flexible working arrangements and their ‘smarter working’ policy designed to promote flexible working across the organisation.
Applicants must have taken a career break of 18 months or more (as at April 2022). You may have been working on a small-scale basis to fit around your other commitments or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
What roles do they have available?
Third Party ESG Lead
The Global Procurement Team support the wider business in the procuring of goods and /or services to enable the organisation’s day to day operations. Using effective business partnering they support the delivery of commercial value whilst achieving improved service and effective risk management within the supply chain. The purpose of this role is to implement and lead a Third-Party ESG Programme.
Fixed Income Research Analyst
The Corporate Credit research area are working on output across a number of companies/counterparties from multiple geographies. They are looking to attract those with an understanding of fundamental company analysis and experience of Credit/Equity or Company Analysis in an investment context. It would be beneficial to have a good understanding/experience of interpreting financial statements/accounting alongside strong excel skills.
Responsible Investment Manager – Clients
Working within their investments vector the Responsible investment Manager – Clients will develop their ESG technical expertise to support the development of their core sustainability messaging for clients, develop and deliver collateral for both clients and to support client facing colleagues and support the overall development of their ESG Hub.
There’s more to working life than coming home with a good salary! They have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join them, your reward will be one of the best around, including 40 days annual leave, a 16% employer pension contribution, a discretionary, performance based bonus, private healthcare and a range of flexible benefits including gym discounts, season ticket loans and access to an employee discount site amongst many others.
Their Inclusive Culture
They are committed to exploring the possibilities of working smarter. This means they’d like to hear from you, whatever way you like to work.
abrdn have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; they value diversity in their workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone. If you need assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability please let them know as part of your application and they will assist.
How do you apply?
For more information and to apply click on the relevant link:
The closing date for applications is 13 February 2022 (extended).
If you have any questions feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the overall programme, contact email@example.com