Women Returners Back to Your Future Conference 2020
Women Returners Online UK & Ireland Conference
Monday 12 and Tuesday 13 October 2020
“After attending this event, I have gone from hopeless to dynamic, with a clear mission of returning to work.” 2019 attendee
Are you a professional woman interested in returning to work after a long career break? Join Women Returners, the return to work specialists, for our fourth annual Conference and our first virtual Conference, now covering Ireland and the UK:
- Enjoy a motivational event packed with return-to-work panels and expert workshops, providing advice, support and inspiration
- Be inspired by our returner panel chaired by Jane Garvey, Co-Presenter of BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour and the Fortunately podcast, and by our keynote speaker – tech and returner employer pioneer Dame Stephanie Shirley
- Meet and talk virtually with our conference Employer Sponsors and learn more from our Employer panel, chaired by Isabel Berwick, Editor, Work & Careers, Financial Times:
- The content of the conference will be relevant to you whether your background is in finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, HR or any other professional area; whether your career break has been 2, 5 or 10+ years; and whether you are at the first stage of your return-to-work journey or actively applying for roles.
Our previous Conferences have all sold out in advance, so don’t delay booking your ticket!
Note for Employers: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches; please do not book a ticket unless you are a woman returner. If you are an employer interested in sponsoring the Conference and/or returner programmes, contact Julianne on firstname.lastname@example.org
“Brilliant, brilliant conference” 2018 attendee
What will you get from the Conference?
“Absolutely inspiring event, with the blend of positive and practical. Great job on putting together such a wonderfully useful day” 2019 attendee
“After 18 years at home I no longer feel so lost at sea. I’ve a lot of work to do but I feel buoyed up now on this journey.” 2019 attendee
Expert Return to Work Support Sessions
- Find your Career Compass
- Become more focused in your ‘What Next?’ career choices
- Get a road map to clarify your aims, develop decision criteria and move to action
- Boost your Professional Confidence
- Get a renewed sense of ‘what is great about me?’
- Increase your self-belief with practical tips and techniques
Inspiration and advice from Returners, Employers and Speakers
- Learn from the experiences of our inspirational panel of women who have successfully returned to work in diverse fields, chaired by Jane Garvey, Co-Presenter of BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour and the award-winning podcast Fortunately
- Find out from our panel of leading employers the reasons why employers run returner programmes and what you can do as a candidate to stand out, chaired by Isabel Berwick, Editor, Work & Careers, Financial Times
- Be inspired by our amazing keynote speaker, tech and returner employer pioneer Dame Stephanie Shirley
Job Search Skill Development Sessions
- Improve your Self Marketing
- Craft your career story
- Sharpen up your CV and enhance your LinkedIn Profile (with Victoria McLean, CEO of City CV)
- Sharpen up your CV
- Enhance your LinkedIn profile to attract employers
Opportunities to connect with leading Returner Employers
- Meet and talk virtually with our returner employer sponsors, including Amazon Web Services, Bank of England, Bloomberg, Credit Suisse, FDM Group, J.P. Morgan, O2 and St. James’s Place Academy
Personalised or small group support (subject to availability; one pre-booked choice only)
- 1:1 ‘Laser’ Coaching Session (15 minutes) with one of Women Returners’ expert coaching team
- Bridge your IT Gap (15 minutes) small-group workshop with Computer Fitness
- Interview Skills (25 minutes) small-group workshop with City CV
“After 8 years at home this event felt like a very supportive network and has more than fulfilled my expectations.” 2019 attendee
Who is the Conference aimed at?
The event is targeted at women with a professional/managerial background who have taken a long career break (over a year) and who want to return to work using their professional skills and experience.
- Your career break could be for 18 months or 18 years, for childcare, eldercare, health, relocation or other reasons
- You may have not done any paid work for a number of years, or have been running your own business or doing lower-level work around other commitments.
- You could be any age
- Your background may be in finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, retail, HR or any other professional area
- You could be at the first exploratory stage of your return-to-work journey; you may have been trying to get back for a while and are feeling stuck; or you might be actively engaging in interviews
- You are likely to be based in the UK or Ireland
“After the Conference, my ‘To Do’ list got longer, but hope is restored and my motivation levels are high!” 2019 attendee
Note: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches; please do not book a ticket unless you are a woman returner. If you are an employer interested in sponsoring the Conference and/or returner programmes, contact Julianne on email@example.com
Where, When and How?
When? Monday 12 October and Tuesday 13 October 2020
Where? Online, from the comfort of your own home.
How? The content will be a mixture of live speaker sessions, panels and workshops and interactive e-meetings for the employer networking and personalised support components. Selected speaker/workshop sessions will be available on recording for 30 days after the event. Conference materials will be provided in advance, including speaker biographies and employer profiles.
How do you book?
Dress code is smart casual (remember you may be talking to possible employers)
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Women Returners has offered me a lifeline as I embark on my return to work. I feel energised and hopeful that a job is waiting for me” 2019 attendee