Back to Your Future UK and Ireland Conference 2020
Book your ticket by clicking here – limited Early Bird Tickets are available at £50.
Are you a professional woman interested in returning to work after a long career break? Join Women Returners, the return to work specialists, for our fourth annual Back to Your Future Conference, specifically tailored for you and now in an exciting online format.
Using the latest virtual Conference technology we’re able to offer you a truly interactive experience. Benefit from two motivational days to kick-start your return to work, from the comfort and safety of your own home. You can watch content on the Main Stage, move in and out of rooms, visit sponsor booths and network with other returners just like at in-person event. Highlights include:
- Get advice and information from a wide range of Return-to-Work Expert Workshops, on topics from Career Direction to CVs
- Be inspired by our Keynote Speakers: Dame Stephanie Shirley CH, tech and returner employer pioneer, and Jane Garvey, Co-Presenter of BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour and the Fortunately podcast
- Be encouraged by the stories of two Returner Panels of women who have successfully returned to work
- Understand more about what returner employers are looking for from two Employer Panels, one chaired by Isabel Berwick, Editor, Work & Careers, Financial Times.
- Learn more about return to work opportunities in the sponsor booths and schedule 1:1 video meetings with 10 leading Returner Employers: Accenture, AWS, Bank of England, Bloomberg, Credit Suisse, Facebook, FDM Group, J.P. Morgan, O2, St. James’s Place Academy (read more about these employers here)
- Connect with other like-minded women returners through 1:1 video chats and group video networking rooms organised by geography and sector.
- Receive personal 1:1 coaching or small group support with interviews or IT (subject to availability)
Meet our Employer Sponsors
The content of the conference will be relevant to you whether your background is in finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, HR or any other professional area; whether your career break has been 2, 5 or 10+ years; and whether you are at the first stage of your return-to-work journey or actively applying for roles.
Our previous Conferences have all sold out in advance, and ticket numbers are limited, so don’t delay booking your ticket if you’d like to secure your place and have your choice of personalised support session. Book your ticket here at our Early Bird Rate.
Note for Employers: This event is not targeted at employers, recruitment agencies or coaches; please do not book a ticket unless you are a woman returner. If you are an employer interested in sponsoring the Conference and/or returner programmes, contact email@example.com
“Brilliant, brilliant conference” 2018 attendee
What will you get from the Conference?
“Absolutely inspiring event, with the blend of positive and practical. Great job on putting together such a wonderfully useful day” 2019 attendee
“After 18 years at home I no longer feel so lost at sea. I’ve a lot of work to do but I feel buoyed up now on this journey.” 2019 attendee
Expert Return to Work Workshops
- Find your Career Compass
- Become more focused in your ‘What Next?’ career choices
- Get a road map to clarify your aims, develop decision criteria and move to action
- Boost your Professional Confidence
- Get a renewed sense of ‘what is great about me?’
- Increase your self-belief with practical tips and techniques
- Improve your Self Marketing
- Craft your career story
- Sharpen up your CV and enhance your LinkedIn Profile (with Victoria McLean, CEO of City CV)
- Sharpen up your CV
- Enhance your LinkedIn profile to attract employers
- Be inspired by our amazing keynote speakers, tech and returner employer pioneer Dame Stephanie (Steve) Shirley CH and Jane Garvey, Co-Presenter of BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour and the award-winning podcast Fortunately
- Learn from the experiences and advice of other successful returners on two Returner Panels of women with diverse backgrounds
- Find out from our two panels of leading employers the reasons why employers run returner programmes and what you can do as a candidate to stand out (chaired by Isabel Berwick, Editor, Work & Careers, Financial Times)
Connect with leading Returner Employers
- Learn about returner opportunities from our returner employer sponsors, including Accenture, Amazon Web Services, Bank of England, Bloomberg, Credit Suisse, Facebook, FDM Group, J.P. Morgan, O2 and St. James’s Place Academy within their virtual sponsor booths, including live content during two Employer Power Hours
- Schedule 121 video meetings with sponsor employers during the afternoon of 13 October (subject to availability).
Connect with Other Returners
- Meet and talk virtually 121 with other like-minded women returners in randomly-allocated peer networking (just like the coffee queue at a live event!)
- Meet and talk virtually with women returners with similar locations and/or backgrounds in video discussion groups organised by sector and geography
Personal Coaching or Interviews/IT small group support (subject to availability; one pre-booked choice only)
- 1:1 ‘Laser’ Video Coaching Session (15 minutes) with one of Women Returners’ expert coaching team
- Bridge your IT Gap (15 minutes) small-group video workshop with Computer Fitness
- Interview Skills (25 minutes) small-group video workshop with City CV
“After 8 years at home this event felt like a very supportive network and has more than fulfilled my expectations.” 2019 attendee
Who is the Conference aimed at?
The event is targeted at women with a professional/managerial background who have taken a long career break (over a year) and who want to return to work using their professional skills and experience.
- Your career break could be for 18 months or 18 years, for childcare, eldercare, health, relocation or other reasons
- You may have not done any paid work for a number of years, or have been running your own business or doing lower-level work around other commitments.
- You could be any age
- Your background may be in finance, law, tech, engineering, marketing, retail, HR or any other professional area
- You could be at the first exploratory stage of your return-to-work journey; you may have been trying to get back for a while and are feeling stuck; or you might be actively engaging in interviews
- Our focus for the Conference is the UK or Ireland, but you are welcome to join us from anywhere in the world.
“After the Conference, my ‘To Do’ list got longer, but hope is restored and my motivation levels are high!” 2019 attendee
Where, When and How?
When? Monday 12 October (9:00 – 16:30) and Tuesday 13 October 2020 (9:00 – 16:30)
Where? Online, from the comfort of your own home.
How? The content will be a mixture of live speaker sessions, panels and workshops and interactive e-meetings for the employer networking and personalised support components. Selected speaker/workshop sessions will be available on recording for 30 days after the event. Conference materials will be provided in advance, including speaker biographies and employer profiles.
How do you book?
If you have any questions, email Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org
“Women Returners has offered me a lifeline as I embark on my return to work. I feel energised and hopeful that a job is waiting for me” 2019 attendee