Employer Services: Single Employer
We partner with employers across sectors to provide end-to-end support with designing, promoting and delivering a best practice returner programme, tailored to your organisation. From our extensive experience, we can maximise the likelihood that the programme is a success for both the returners and the business.
A returner programme may be one or a combination of the following:
- A Returnship Programme, a higher level paid professional internship with support, specifically for returning professionals
- Supported Hiring, bringing returning professionals directly into permanent roles with support
- A Co-hosted Returner Event, for returning professionals, linked to hiring opportunities
- See our Returner Programme Dictionary for an outline of the different types of returner programme
Consulting: Returner Consultancy
- We provide our partner clients with end-to-end support in terms of designing, recruiting and supporting return to work programmes and other initiatives to access the returner talent pool, on a cohort or rolling basis .
- Taking learnings from our extensive experience, and using our Returner Programme Toolkit, we will work with you to to design a best practice and cost-effective returner initiative that attracts and supports experienced professionals on career break and that is tailored to your needs, structure, culture and commercial objectives, while also providing a positive participant experience.
Coaching: Returners Coaching Programme, Interviewer and Line Manager Briefing Sessions
- We will deliver for you our proven, insight-led four-stage Career Returners Coaching Programme, specifically tailored for returning professionals, to offer support at each stage of the transition process. Our specialised expertise in coaching women returners enables us to address the practical and psychological challenges facing professionals returning to work after a multi-year break. This support facilitates a more rapid re-integration into the corporate environment, increases the contribution and the satisfaction of the returner and maximises the likelihood of a successful permanent hire. For more details see here.
- We also run virtual interactive briefing sessions:
- Interviewer Briefing Session to enable recruiters and hiring managers to get the best out of returners in the interview process, including managing potential unconscious bias against women returners
- Line Manager Briefing Session to enable managers to effectively support returning professionals through the return to work transition and to integrate them into their teams.
Connecting: Access to Career Returners
- Through our Women Returners Professional Network, we provide access the hard-to-reach high-calibre segment of professionals on an extended career break: a largely untapped group of highly-qualified, experienced and motivated people, mostly female. We have a subscribed network of 6,000 women returners and our website acts as a central portal for return-to-work information. We also reach professional women returners, together with male professionals on career break, through our extensive social media network and our strong links with professional associations, parents’ networks and alumnae groups.
- We regularly co-host Returner Insight Events with our employer partners, either in-person or virtually (currently all virtual due to the pandemic). These provide a mix of engagement, information, support and networking opportunities.
Women Returners Conference Partnership
- Our Women Returners UK and Ireland Conference provides an opportunity for selected organisations to join us as corporate sponsors, highlighting your support for diversity and returners, showcasing your returner programme, and gaining privileged access to meet informally with a group of over 200 high-calibre women.
- After sold out in-person Conferences in 2016, 2017 and 2019, we ran a hugely successful virtual conference in October 2020. Our next Conference is planned for October 2021. Contact us if you are interested in sponsorship opportunities.