Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Returner Champion Employer
Looking to return to work? Come and build the future with AWS
Are you ready to relaunch your career after an extended break? If you have been out of the workforce for two or more years, and are looking to return to work, then AWS’s program could be the perfect fit.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Returners Program recruits into a variety of roles globally and is designed to support individuals with a seamless transition back into a permanent position, providing all the skills and knowledge needed for success.
This kind of program isn’t exactly commonplace in the working world, but at AWS they have their own way of doing things. AWS is a place where thousands of different personalities with the same customer obsession come to turn can’t-be-done into done.
Read more about AWS Returners Program and how to apply here
Earth’s most customer-centric company
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and AWS always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
For people who like to invent, there’s no better place to build than AWS. We’re currently hiring around the globe, in a variety of different technical and business roles. Join AWS and help us build the future of cloud computing.
“Our passion for pioneering will drive us to explore narrow passages, and, unavoidably, many will turn out to be blind alleys. But – with a bit of good fortune – there will also be a few that open up into broad avenues.” Jeff Bezos
Kseniya, AWS Partner Development Manager in Stockholm, Sweden (4 year career break)
I was passionate about Amazon’s technology innovation (among many amazing technological advances, Polly and Rekognition are my favourites), core values of customer obsession that are lived by example every day and company’s sustainability efforts. So, I was excited to be offered a Partner Development Manager position in Stockholm, Sweden as part of the AWS Returners Program and joined AWS in February 2020.
One of the best things about the Amazon Returners Program has been the support provided with the periodic coaching meetings with Women Returners. By addressing my concerns and doubts, my coach empowered me to go through the adaptation process smoothly and confidently.
Read more about Kseniya’s experience of returning to cloud computing at AWS here
What Amazon offers
Amazon makes sure that your transition back into the professional career world is as smooth as possible.
Here’s what you can expect from Amazon as a progressive employer:
- their managers are trained to develop every team member’s strengths and they will make sure to set you up for success
- besides regular developing meeting with your direct manager, you will be assigned a buddy and mentor that will support you during your starting period at Amazon
- you’ll have the chance to work with brilliant people from all over the world
- Amazon values diversity of thoughts and they give you the opportunity to share your ideas with your manager and other teams to drive innovation
- you can expect a peculiar culture based on their Leadership Principles as they are the very foundation of everything Amazon does – whether they’re discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem. Learn more about the Amazon’s Leadership Principles